Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reality check! How much does it cost to get out of league 1?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Before the season started Bloom clearly said he wanted a top 2 finish. That means buying far better quality players than we already have...

Based on results and performances so far, I'm not too confident of a top 2 finish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Before the season started Bloom clearly said he wanted a top 2 finish. That means buying far better quality players than we already have...

I must have missed that as I havent seen any reports of that being TB expectations for this season. My reading was that he expected to be in The Championship when we got to Falmer.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Surely part of the spending strategy would have been based on the combined Slade/Bloom/Board assessment of where the squad currently was.

If during budget negotiations Bloom outlined his intentions or desires for this season and asked Slade what it would take to get us there - with Slade replying, I think we have the nucleus of a good squad but just need x,y & z to get us to that level then he can have no complaints.

What we need now is a re-evaluation of season objectives and requirements to get there. Lets hope for once we can be pro-active rather than the usual after the horse has bolted reactive.

I must have missed that as I havent seen any reports of that being TB expectations for this season. My reading was that he expected to be in The Championship when we got to Falmer.

You're correct, TB hasn't said this - Championship at Falmer is the objective; agree with your comment elsewhere about Glen Murray being our most naturally gifted goalscorer since Zamora btw.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont see what the panic is just yet. 10 new signings and it hasnt gelled whats the problem?

We got thrashed against a good team with ten men, yes it was embarrassing, but we had only just praised for our defence in the previous two games (only goal conceeded was Whings OG)

We know we have problems upfront, and one upfrontdoesnt really work, especially at home. BUT we only have ONE fully striker, so what do we do?

Man United lost 5-0 to Newcatsle and 6-3 to Southampton in back to back games, yet they went on to win the league comfortably. I am not saying we will win the league, but it wont be disaster for the second season runing surely.

Defensively we only need a left back for a month or two, otherwise we look good enough (apart from Tuesdays freakshow)

Midfielders need sorting as it has been different every game. Although Tuesday didnt show it, we seem to have a wealth of defensive midfielders, but we need one that can support the attack.

Strikers is where ur problems lie, and that is what needs to be addressed first and foremost.

I dont think we have to spend loads more, and if we dont go up this year, its not the end of the world. Maybe next year the league will have weaker teams, and if we do splash the cash, how good will the vibe be around the club if we get promoted AND move into a brand spanking new stadium :)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
*JUMPS UP AND DOWN*

Slade said "my teams usually take 10 games or so to gel" (paraprhasing from... the argus on here or that interview from the bookies?)

Its been four of those ten.

We've scored and not been to bad in defence in the league (bar 7-1 - but thats nt going to happen weekend in weekend out) so the questions is my North Stand Chatters, whats with the negitivity, we've been told he wants a few more players, and to wait 10 games, and that this is a two year plan. So long as were not relegated, chill... enjoy the last two seasons at the Withdean (which although is a shite football ground, basicly saved BRIGHTON AND HOVE albion, instead of GILLINGHAM albion... so i guess we have got to be thankful but this is another story!) And lets just put our trust in to slade and bloom... We can do it, and I think when i'm in the shop buying me new season ticket, i'll be picking seats to view championship teams.

I'm not gonna say keep the faith, just get the faith in the first place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here