Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Huh? Five year contracts are par the course for players these days. Signing someone but saying ''we're only giving you a three year deal in case you're shit'' is hardly a vote of confidence is it? And what if they're good? Surely then they wouldn't extend as they know they'd get a better move, meaning we'd have to sell for less which undermines our entire model. A long contract is the only reason we've kept Potter as Spurs baulked at the compensation they'd have to pay us ffs!

Have you seen the length of contract they've given Mwepu? It seems I've got a point ...................................

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Have you seen the length of contract they've given Mwepu? It seems I've got a point ...................................

Yeah, a four year deal. So still quite long. Which is a good protection of our investment. Which is what my point was. Had we paid more for him, the contract probably would've been longer to spread out the cost.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Javi Galan from Huesca. 26 years old and has pace. Predominantly a left wing back but can play anywhere on the left hand side. Available for 3.5m pounds as his relegation clause has been activated.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Javi Galan from Huesca. 26 years old and has pace. Predominantly a left wing back but can play anywhere on the left hand side. Available for 3.5m pounds as his relegation clause has been activated.
Yeah he looks decent. You would expect him to be on Ashworth's radar.

Faitout Maouassa, the Rennes left back looks pretty good too.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gazump Tavares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Harry Wilson

Liverpool are looking to move him on and do not want to loan him out again.Reputed to be available for £17m according to The Athletic.I have mentioned him in the last 2 windows.

Possible make-weight in a deal for White or Biss. Liverpool have been linked with both

Still only 24.Could provide much-needed competition for Trossard?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Harry Wilson

Liverpool are looking to move him on and do not want to loan him out again.Reputed to be available for £17m according to The Athletic.I have mentioned him in the last 2 windows.

Possible make-weight in a deal for White or Biss. Liverpool have been linked with both

They can piss off for £17m!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Harry Wilson

Very good championship player
Knocky was too
To hit top 10 we need to aim higher imho

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thoughts on Nathan Ake coming the other way if White was to depart?

Yes I know wages, but he needs to start playing to command a premier league wage packet after current deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here