Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
jimmyseagull said:
Go to ticket exchange, Magoo has one for sale details there.

Or you could just phone the ticket office and get one - I've just got hold of a couple - 01273 776992

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
227 BHA said:
Any more info on this please RoyalAli?
Directions and is it used by visiting fans, colours allowed?

J11 M4 turn left on A33 towards Basingstoke (away from Reading)

1st R'bout on A33 (400yds) trun left - signposted Three Mile Cross / Spencer's Wood / Swallowfield

Follow road round bend, Swan is on the left just before BP garage on the right.

Colours no probs, might even pop along and join you :drink:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Cheers man - just found this link Swan Inn

Looks like a cracking place for a pre-match :drink: It even has a beer garden.

Thers car parking as well as we'll have a driver with us so we'll either walk to the stadium from there or it can't be more than 2 mins by car

Whos gonna join us? - lets fill the place with blue and white :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
readingstockport said:
Indeedy doody Uncle Buck it would be. Was supposed to be at Edgeley but due to network rails bloody incompetence in shutting half the bloody network down uop there I'm not going :nono: :censored:
Hobgoblin yuk:lolol: thats a pile of shite of a pub:shootself everyone to there own i guess.
If i was coming up by train i would hit the three guineas and then the forum and then the monks retreat if you like a cheap drink as it used to hold the reading boys,but they are all banned from there now.

you then have bar oz and yates and if you like to sit on your lazy arse like many then the pitch and piano is basicly all seats mmmm,last time we played reading i was with the mates i.e reading lot and we was in that shite orange bar oposite the broad street mall,so best avoid that one just in case he he.

All are close and rearly its just arrive and take your pick
:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
227 BHA said:
Cheers man - just found this link Swan Inn

Looks like a cracking place for a pre-match :drink: It even has a beer garden.

Thers car parking as well as we'll have a driver with us so we'll either walk to the stadium from there or it can't be more than 2 mins by car

Whos gonna join us? - lets fill the place with blue and white :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:
You can't swing a cat in that place???

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
berkshire seagull said:
You can't swing a cat in that place???

Any other suggestions then?

But what is the beer garden like?

Want to avoid town centre parking and by the sound of it the town centre pubs aren't too keen on fans in football shirts and it doesn't sound like there are any pubs near the stadium

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
227 BHA said:
Any other suggestions then?

But what is the beer garden like?

Want to avoid town centre parking and by the sound of it the town centre pubs aren't too keen on fans in football shirts and it doesn't sound like there are any pubs near the stadium
Can't say i recall a garden as mostly a car park,but i think they have a few chairs right at the top of the car park.

Not sure what pubs allow shirts in,but im sure you will find a fair few in the town centre as there is many little crappy pubs if you get turned away.Maybe the blackboy on the shinfield road is best and nearest to the ground unless of course you wanna drink in whitley here.:lolol:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Posted this elsewhere:

About 120 within 2 miles of the city centre:

http://www.readingpubs.co.uk/

All in here - enjoy the delights of pubbing wonderland!

There's about 7-8 sports bars with the newest being "Cafe Du Sport". Avoid the Hope Tap and the Monks Retreat... 2 of the 4 Wetherspoons. Last time both kicked off (very small scale) between Reading and Brighton.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Cheers for all the info guys - but as i said we are going by car and was hoping to find somewhere within walking distance that we can leave the car.

The Swan Inn in Three Mile Cross still looks promising - Royalali posted that its a 20 - 25 min walk to the stadium. Is this a realistic time by foot as the village is the other side of the motorway?

berkshire seagull said:
Hobgoblin yuk:lolol: thats a pile of shite of a pub:shootself everyone to there own i guess.

As you say :lolol: Indeed

If i was coming up by train i would hit the three guineas and then the forum and then the monks retreat if you like a cheap drink as it used to hold the reading boys,but they are all banned from there now.[/B]

Guineas ok for a railway station pub but has gone downhill recently imho. Only visit the Monks if you want to spend your time drinking with the alcoholics who can't get into any of the other pubs in the town centre :lolol:

All are close and rearly its just arrive and take your pick
:drink: [/B]
I prefer real ale so the hobgoblin for me.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Wilts said:
Posted this elsewhere:

About 120 within 2 miles of the city centre:

http://www.readingpubs.co.uk/

All in here - enjoy the delights of pubbing wonderland!

There's about 7-8 sports bars with the newest being "Cafe Du Sport". Avoid the Hope Tap and the Monks Retreat... 2 of the 4 Wetherspoons. Last time both kicked off (very small scale) between Reading and Brighton.
Yeah it was small scale as i was there and the old bill shipped us off to the forum after as a mate reading fan had a glass thrown at him and straight in the face grrrrrr.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
readingstockport said:
As you say :lolol: Indeed

Guineas ok for a railway station pub but has gone downhill recently imho. Only visit the Monks if you want to spend your time drinking with the alcoholics who can't get into any of the other pubs in the town centre :lolol:

I prefer real ale so the hobgoblin for me.
Yeah thats a bit of an old mans pub in my book:lolol: How old are you????

Guineas is great to sit out there in the sun and have a nice cold beer after popping off the train.

Real ale i prefer anything with alchole:lolol:

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I went in the Swan when we played in the 2nd division. Nice little pub, but was absolutely jam packed. Will be going there again on Saturday.

Was about 25 minutes walk to the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here