Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading - True Plastic Fans

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Their support wasn't that great for our away match last year, and it should have been, it was boxing day after all!

Now the stadium is packed.

Well, poor Stoke having to put up with that shit announcer before the match.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Their support wasn't that great for our away match last year, and it should have been, it was boxing day after all!

We are going to need a bigger stadium :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking at some of the venom directed at our players, and even our manager, tonight on NSC, I wonder how our gates will stack up if we didn't have another successful season?

I will still keep going but I did during the "Withdean Years". Not all our fans will turn out, whatever the weather.

(They will, if we get promoted, of course).

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Looking at some of the venom directed at our players, and even our manager, tonight on NSC, I wonder how our gates will stack up if we didn't have another successful season?

I will still keep going but I did during the "Withdean Years". Not all our fans will turn out, whatever the weather.

We will not get promotion this season we do not have the players to score the goals required.having said that i will be there next season, as i was at Withdean and the Goldstone

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We will not get promotion this season we do not have the players to score the goals required.having said that i will be there next season, as i was at Withdean and the Goldstone

But what about those of us that didn't go to Withdean?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or the Goldstone? I am old enough to remember those days as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Do you not think people, particully family people have better things to do on boxing day ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I went to Reading last Boxing day. Wish I hadn't.

Sorry about that :lol: never miss a game unless something out the ordinary , but don't do boxing day due to family.
Sure there are plenty the same. So citing a boxing day attendance is not to reliable.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good answer

Cheers. I remember the 30,000 plus crowds we use to get under Mullery in the divsion we are in now. Never surpassed that in the top division. Towards the end we were getting 9 figure crowds.

I am not saying this will happen again because some things have improved since those bad old days. Better facilities and less hooliganism. (Not so good for some of us, eh Das?).

We can't take anything for granted. Having said that, I still think we will do well.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Not related, but I assumed this thread was started after watching the highlights on the FLS, so I will ask in here; Why. Oh Why, did they bother going through the league table at the end of the Championship games? What a waste of time. I know it was only 30 seconds, but I'm actually angry.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Notice that none of it is by people that actually attended the game.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I went to Reading last Boxing day. Wish I hadn't.

I actually thought we played pretty well that day.

However my dad and I had to walk back through oncoming Reading fans, one comment really got my back up. A father said to his child (must have been about 9) "You will never in your life see a game easier than that". We just couldn't bury the chances, I don't think the game really deserved those comments!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Why, why, why bother? Are they grating you that much that you have to make a new thread? Just don't fella, seriously.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I actually thought we played pretty well that day.

However my dad and I had to walk back through oncoming Reading fans, one comment really got my back up. A father said to his child (must have been about 9) "You will never in your life see a game easier than that". We just couldn't bury the chances, I don't think the game really deserved those comments!

Are you thinking of the right reading game? On boxing day they hammered us 3-0, the home fixture was when we hammered them 0-1 :lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Cheers. I remember the 30,000 plus crowds we use to get under Mullery in the divsion we are in now. Never surpassed that in the top division. Towards the end we were getting 9 figure crowds.
Fitting a billion into the terraces must have been a bit of a squeeze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here