Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who leave early are stupid

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They probably only got season tickets to watch the top six clubs at the Madjeski Stadium and watching unfashionable teams like West Brom is a chore to them. :rolleyes:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting thread this, because with our transport issues being especially acute...how many would have stayed until the 82nd minute, trailing 2-0 with the other lot all over us, on a cold and rainy evening?

Don't answer, it's rhetorical. We all know how empty the Amex would have been.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Reading acquired far more plastics when they first went into the Premier League than we did last season. I'm guessing the early leavers were not the old Elm Park regulars ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading acquired far more plastics when they first went into the Premier League than we did last season. I'm guessing the early leavers were not the old Elm Park regulars ...

If they are back in the Championship next season, they will go back to watching their 'beloved' ManU or Chelsea or Arsenal, et seq, on Sky Sports One.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've changed my mind on the early leavers now and would like to thank them , because you go so early it gives me and thousands of others the chance of supporting the team till the 95 th min then casually strolling to our cars,trains & buses without any fuss or delays then straight home on a Saturday night to watch SPLASH :-( is that why so many leave so early on a Saturday at 4.40 so they don't miss Saturday night riveting Tv :whistle:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know its an aged old argument, but I could not believe the amount of people who left on 90 minutes today, if there was one game we needed to support the team through injury time it was today, defies belief.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Interesting thread this, because with our transport issues being especially acute...how many would have stayed until the 82nd minute, trailing 2-0 with the other lot all over us, on a cold and rainy evening?

Don't answer, it's rhetorical. We all know how empty the Amex would have been.

Unless there's health issues I'd have thought every single Brighton fan but it always seems (at any club) not to be the case. Still a complete mystery to me! People don't leave early in films or shows or concerts do they?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I love late goals. The more the better, so I can have a good laugh at the people who are sitting in their car already and missing the whole point of their day out. It's not just that they miss a celebration - it's the fact that there is NOTHING in football as good as a last-gasp winner or unbelievable turnaround like Reading's. I just cannot understand why anyone would want to run the risk of missing that. Yes, it may be rare but that's why it's so much fun and one of the things that makes football the great sport that it is. Still, it makes it easy to get a beer afterwards and stroll on to the train 25 minutes after the final whistle. Very much their loss.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a rule for life.

Never leave until the final whistle.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I've changed my mind on the early leavers now and would like to thank them , because you go so early it gives me and thousands of others the chance of supporting the team till the 95 th min then casually strolling to our cars,trains & buses without any fuss or delays then straight home on a Saturday night to watch SPLASH :-( is that why so many leave so early on a Saturday at 4.40 so they don't miss Saturday night riveting Tv :whistle:

This! ( apart from the watching splash )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here