Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading is the third largest place in the south of England.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Eastleigh Seagull said:
Of course Eastleigh is part of Southampton with no discernable boundary in the built up areas apart from an arbitrary boundary set by local authorities. Eastleigh, with over 100,000 people in it is overspill in the same way that Reading should be part of London.

That is more of an argument but then Wokingham is part of Reading too. And hence the debate would continue. It is purely for those areas which are actually part of the place they are in, regardless of current boundaries.... and Eastleigh is therefore outside the rules as it is clearly not attached to Southampton.

If you go to Reading there are 255,000 people. Stats are stats and if you count the number of people, there are just more there than anywhere else apart from London or Bristol. I never brought up this debate (which isn't even a debate, just me showing continued proof!) anyway! :p

Soul Finger if you're bringing up conurbations then don't even start. Its around 335,000 according to National Statistics online, and yours is about 400,000.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I know, I've contributed so I'm guilty too. But this has got to be the most tedious topic ever discussed, not just on NSC, but anywhere on the internet. Ever. Ever. The relative size of the dullest town in the UK. If I wasn't looking forward to tomorrow so much I'd have topped myself by now.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Man of Harveys said:
I know, I've contributed so I'm guilty too. But this has got to be the most tedious topic ever discussed, not just on NSC, but anywhere on the internet. Ever. Ever.

Agreed :clap2:

If you continue to fail to agree though I may have to give Dwayne a call ;)

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Wilts said:
That is more of an argument but then Wokingham is part of Reading too. And hence the debate would continue. It is purely for those areas which are actually part of the place they are in, regardless of current boundaries.... and Eastleigh is therefore outside the rules as it is clearly not attached to Southampton.

If you go to Reading there are 255,000 people. Stats are stats and if you count the number of people, there are just more there than anywhere else apart from London or Bristol. I never brought up this debate (which isn't even a debate, just me showing continued proof!) anyway! :p

Soul Finger if you're bringing up conurbations then don't even start. Its around 335,000 according to National Statistics online, and yours is about 400,000.

Proof ? Your proof is just your opinion that places outside Reading such as Earley and Woodley should be drafted to Reading district when they clearly are not part of Reading and public opinion considers and prefers them to be part of Wokingham district.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
y2dave said:
Proof ? Your proof is just your opinion that places outside Reading such as Earley and Woodley should be drafted to Reading district when they clearly are not part of Reading and public opinion considers and prefers them to be part of Wokingham district.

You keep thinking that. You can either believe a local like me who knows plenty, or your own judgement being in Bracknell and working with probably about 5 of them.

Public opinion is clearly nothing like what you believe it to be! I'll leave it at that!

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
Sorry for being nerdish but official populations are as follows:-

London 7,000,000
Bristol 408000
Brighton & Hove 251000
Plymouth 246000
Southampton 211000
Portsmouth 190000
Swindon 178000
Bournemouth 156000
Reading 142000

These were some government statistics I had to use for a work project.
Mind you the way the censuses are bolloxed up these days, who knows!!!!:dunce:

seagull1

Banned
Jun 5, 2004
Wilts said:
He's alive and well in JPM in London!

you forgot to add he's alive and well and working in the highest revenue earning Trading Floor in the whole of JPM....still going to the celeb hotspots with chimney sweep to the stars.....and still rich beeyatchhhh....and will be at Reading tomorrow. :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here