Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Festival

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Yep, managed to get a ticket, Cribs and Libertines on the same day will be amazing, the rest of the line ups pretty good too.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I went to Reading Festival 2004-06 and had an amazing time. deffo worth going for the atmosphere aswell as the music.

i dont really like the line-up they have this year though. Out of interest how much are weekend tickets now?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
nah, saving my money and just going glasto this year. went to both last year, but this year i just can't afford both!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
was going to get weekend tickets and the bloody thing crashed on me and couldn't get back on. Now all sold out. Never mind. Might pick up a day one but can't decide on between the Saturday (Libertines) or the Sunday (Blink 182)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
£180! Festival prices in this country are ridiculous. Last time I went to Reading it was £60, this was more than ten years ago, but still that is some rate of inflation.

You are all better off going abroad than to Reading, the festivals are generally cheaper, go on later at night and the weather is better. Oh and some teenage scrote is unlikely to try and destroy the place on the last night (see Reading and Leeds for the last... well forever).

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I went to Reading Festival 2004-06 and had an amazing time. deffo worth going for the atmosphere aswell as the music.

i dont really like the line-up they have this year though. Out of interest how much are weekend tickets now?

Yes I can think of no better atmosphere than thousands of pissed up middle class indie kids and metal heads who are on their first weekend away from mummy and think that 'free hugs' and setting fire to things constitutes as much entertainment as the bands.

The line up is shit as well. Couple of good things on there but some of it is laughable (anyone who wants to see Limp Bizkit is a dickhead, sorry!). Can't believe Arcade Fire agreed to do it, I'm sure they're getting paid a massive amount but talk about a waste of talent.

Apparently the Libertines are getting something like £1.5m to play it. This may not be true, but it still makes you realise why the ticket prices are getting higher, though it does make you wonder why they don't just pay the bands less. If a band moans at getting paid less than £500,000 then tell them to f*** off, there's plenty of acts who will do it!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
better than Glasto with bloody U2

Better line up than Glastonbury? Are you sure?

No festival has really ever had a line up better than Glastonbury (i've said it on the occasion but it has been a blatant lie), with the possible exception of Bestival this year. Glastonbury has the longest and most diverse line up you'll ever see.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is it just me or are the Libertines to most over hyped band for years ? I cannot see what's so special about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here