Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Festival

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Reading has been shit since Mean Fiddler got rid of it (although to be fair it had been going down hill rapidly under them). You lot are mugs paying £175. Just get down the tow path by the Thames and bung someone a tenner to ferry you in or buy a moody wrist band. Although looking at the line up this year I don't think I'll even bother doing that.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
I went to Reading Festival for the first and last time in 1989 (old git alert). New Order, Pogues, Mission, Sugarcubes, My Bloody Valentine .......
Also went to my first Glastonbury that year, so Reading had a lot to live up to ... and it never came close. But that was 20 years ago, it may have changed since then!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Been last three years, not too impressed with the line up this year and they've put the prices up £20 so I might try a different festival this year maybe Bestival.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading festival is the most over-rated thing ever.
It was shit last year 'cos you couldn't hear any of the bands. The organisers claimed it was due to an echo in the valley. Bollocks.
Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Maximo Park?
No thanks.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Been last three years, not too impressed with the line up this year and they've put the prices up £20 so I might try a different festival this year maybe Bestival.

Bestival was really good last year I thought.

I'm going to Glastonbury for the first time this year, as well as Reading..

That'll be my two for the year :drink:

But saying that, I might try and squeeze in the bestival, or the Isle of Wight festival.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Reading festival is the most over-rated thing ever.
It was shit last year 'cos you couldn't hear any of the bands. The organisers claimed it was due to an echo in the valley. Bollocks.
Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Maximo Park?
No thanks.

Seriously?

I will gladly justify the line-up but I really don't think it requires it. Alright, in the case of Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys it might have taken a couple of beers, but I defy you to tell me you have seen those bands you mention in a festival setting and not had a f***ing good time. Radiohead, The Prodigy, Bloc Party? I don't like Kings of Leon but...

Who's up for getting a load of Albion tents together under one flag?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Been geekily rooting through the festival forums. Love it. All the emo/metal heads moaning about the line-up. Bloc Party aren't God's gift to live shows but to see people whining about them playing instead of the fookin Offspring is quite surreal, let alone Radiohead instead of Jane's Addiction.

Just hope there isn't some sort of backlash against the indie bands/kids. Could get messy.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just got confirmation of my son's weekend ticket from See Tickets - thanks for the link NSC.

On the email it's called a "Weekend Fan Club Ticket" which cots £175 plus the usual booking fees. Forgive an old man's ignorance, but this is a weekend ticket where he can camp too isn't it?

Can't get back on the See Tickets to check and can't find any reference to tickets called this elsewhere, but See Tickets are the main ticket provider for Reading so assume this is correct. The other ticket options were just one day passes.

Can any of the youngsters advise please. Many thanks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last time i went it was Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Thin Lizzy, Hawkwind, Doobie Brothers, Graham Parker, Eddie and the Hot rods, Uriah Heep, Golden Earing and a very young Ultravox, but mainly lots of mud :(

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I used to go to Reading every year when I was between the age of 16 and 25. Loved going but back then I think it was about 50 quid for the weekend. I can't beleive how much more it is these days.

Still in those days you were in the minority if you actually bought a ticket for Glastonbury cos so many people used to jump the fence to get in don't think you can get away with that anymore either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here