Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading fans are the worst ever!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RoyalAli said:
Possibly, as quite a lot of the people in Reading drift between the football and the rugby.
Families can't afford to go to both in one weekend, and I guess many of them don't want to.
So if London Irish are playing one of the bigger clubs, and Reading are playing one of the less attractive clubs, people may decide to go to the rugby instead of the football.
The clubs could collaborate with this, and offer a half price ticket to the other match...
ie, if we're both at home one weekend, and somebody buys a London Irish Ticket, they could have the Reading ticket for half price.
That would probably boost attendances of both the football and the rugby, although it may end up losing money, in the long run it would generate more support.
Are London Irish here to stay as well?
I know little about the situation.
Are London Irish planning on building thier own home, or are they planning on renting the Madejski for a long period of time?
Maybe reading is a rugby town then like wigan???

Its not the rugby im sure of that:drink:

RoyalAli said:
Are London Irish here to stay as well?
I know little about the situation.
Are London Irish planning on building thier own home, or are they planning on renting the Madejski for a long period of time?

Yes, the existing contract is to 2010, but it's been such a success it would be idiotic to move, the newer Thames Valley fan base probably now just about outnumbers our old London one, it would be foolish to risk all that work by taking the team back to London. We are in Reading for ever more, I feel.

The only conceivable way that could happen is if Madjeski screwed us with the cost and conditions of a new post-2010 contract, which is unlikely.

The joint ticket is a good idea, at the moment LI don't need it as our crowds are growing 10-15 per cent a year but if that slows, then it could be an option.

No rugby club, not LI, not Wasps, not anyone, will ever now build a new stadium from scratch in the future, far too costly, the best business model is a football groundshare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here