Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading fans are the worst ever!

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Who thinks that the Reading fans were awful. the only sung when they scored and that was only for 1 min. And they all started 2 leave 10 mins b4 the end of the game. Maybe we should give them a lesson about getting behind their team>

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
correct on all accounts

well done :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we could give them a lesson about leaving early

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
alright ali!! chill!!

to be fair, you didnt really make any noise. we dont make that much noise at withdean, but we dont have a ground where we could make any noise, whereas i feel that we showed today that its not difficult to get some singing at your ground

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I am sorry if we have upset you R.A., if I were you I would take your ball and go back home.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
RoyalAli said:

From my experience, your fans are extremely quiet at Withdean.

It's been said before, but it's difficult at Withdean, particularly without a roof. Synchronising the singing is a problem and it ends up being fragmented.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
RoyalAli said:
Its a game.

We all had a laugh, whats the point in droning on?
Our players have commented on the lift we give them with our support, and opposing managers have commented on the Madejski as an intimidating place.

I don't think your argument holds all that much ground.

I saw Brighton fans leaving with 10 minutes to go.

From my experience, your fans are extremely quiet at Withdean.

Pot kettle black....

Again.

Disagree.

The Withdean, quite obviously is reasonably quiet. Having no roof doesnt help, and having the singing area full of people who want to hear singing, rather than the ones who want to do the singing adds to the atmosphere. However, away from home we show how vocal we can be.

Fans leaving before the end annoys me, but I try not to comment because their could be all manner of reasons. However, Ive never decided to leave a game early let alone 10 minutes early when were only in the lead by 1!

Players saying the supporters are good. Not much new there, is there? I think most players would say that regardless. From what I saw today, the reading support was astonishingly bad. They only sang when they scored and that was only when the PA system blasted music over it...and not for long either. A cheap gimick which most fans hate. Finially the Madejsky is imitimading due to its pure size...and not much else. Crap vocal support.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Intimidating!!!!
You are having a laugh there:nono:

Cardiff is intimidating
Leeds will be intimidating

You cant even fill your ground,never mind intimidate the opposition!!
Get real

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
all home fans are generally quiet at home, but they didnt sing as much as others at home. they just knew they couldnt compete with us :D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
RoyalAli said:
Home fans generally don't produce the same levels of noise as away fans.

I know that, you know that, we all know that.

Our away support is far noisier than our home support, but as you never get to see it(as Withdean holds 700 away fans), then you are getting a very one sided view of the whole thing.

Yes. I dont think that was the argument. I pointed out why our home support is quite...your lot on the other hand have absolutly NO EXCUSE. Dreadful fans.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Go on Biscuit, fill your boots.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
RoyalAli said:
If you had 24,200 tickets to sell, I very much doubt you would
Every team in this division could sell 6800 tickets for a home game.
I don't see the point you're making.
Am I expected to find another 8000 people to attend Reading games?

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s253/st46864.htm

Biscuit.
Can you give me ONE reason why I am a dreadful fan?

Im certainly not accusing you of being a dreadful fan. I couldn't pick out indivduals at any rate. And not being vocal doesn't mean your a bad fan. From what I hear you're a very good fan.

And as for having to sell over 24,000 tickets - when we had the chance to - we did.

And no, Im not asking you to find more fans. I was just comenting on the lack of vocal support your fans gave you're team. Hence the thread title.

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
At least we fill our stadium every week with fans who love the club and have stayed with us through thick and thin. If you got relegated you would have no fans. The way your fans sung they could only just give an atmosphere to my under 16 league games.:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Donk the Seagull said:
At least we fill our stadium every week with fans who love the club and have stayed with us through thick and thin. If you got relegated you would have no fans. The way your fans sung they could only just give an atmosphere to my under 16 league games.:wave:

Read the other thread on my comments on our home fans at Withdean.

Atmosphere? :lolol:

Not sure Reading fans are the "worst ever". In fact. if someone said "Reading fans" to me I would have a job thinking of anything that distinguishes them from many other sets of supporters.

Basically what I'm saying is, Reading fans are non-descript. Nothing wrong with that, you could probably say the same for three quarters of the country's clubs. There aren't many set of fans who, when someone mentions them, immediately conjure an image in your mind. Newcastle, Cardiff, Millwall and, dare I say it, Brighton to name a few, but not many more.

The facts from yesterday do make shameful reading (no pun intended) though. Just over 15,500 is shocking for a first day crowd, especially with Albion fans making up over a fifth of it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think this thread is rather unfair on the Reading fans.

I actually thought they gave good support in the second half, though they seem to need a drum and the PA to get them going.

I've seen a lot worse, and didn't join in the "worst support" chants yesterday.

To be fair, there's little or no noise at our home games except when we're on top, so we're no different to anyone else. Let's stop trying to make out we are, shall we?

Just one final point, I don't think it should be taken as said that away fans always outsing the home crowd. I listened to the Stoke/Wolves game today and the noise, as it always is at the Britannia, was very impressive from the home support.

It may be more the exception than the rule, but if home fans decide they want to outsing the away following there's really nothing to stop them.

QPR and Portsmouth are other examples that immediately spring to mind.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here