Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Crowd!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i really hope those 2 go up this season. 2 small clubs going up with all these 'big' clubs in our division. that would be classic

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thats about right for them.I dont know why Mr Mad bothers.Mind you hes shagging Cilla Black now so perhaps he'll row Reading out.:moo:

They average 14k this season yet they need 17k to break even. Madjet had a go at them on Meridian Soccer Week a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be working.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
London Irish said:
They average 14k this season yet they need 17k to break even. Madjet had a go at them on Meridian Soccer Week a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be working.

He is more than welcome to come down to us and put a few quid in as at least he will be guaranteed a full house at Falmer every game nearly!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ATTENDANCES.jpg

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sidwell and Ingimarsson scored today.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
perseus said:

Thats funny, our attendance seems to level out around 2000. Wonder why that is?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect it was because of the bananas

ben_banana.gif

bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif

bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif

bill_banana.gif
bill_banana.gif

That's Kuipers in the orange.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Charlies Shinpad said:
There they are 2nd in the Championship and can only get 13,500 at a home game:nono:

They should all hang there heads in shame!!

S'ok. 23,000 of them turned out on a tuesday night last week when Leeds came to town.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont think we should talk until we have regularly filled Falmer. Not just in the first season when it is a novelty, but when its not new anymore.

I would love to play at thier ground and get 13k every week.

I see peoples point though, you would expect more when you are top of the league.

Perhaps it is because they overestimated Reading's support base when building the ground. Reading is a Chelsea stronghold and perhaps the 13 odd thousand they get is there actual support level. It does not necessarily mean fans are staying away, just that they dont have many.

The Leeds game no doubt attracted a large away crowd and a few hangers on who thought they'd go and watch it because it was Leeds.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spot on? Theres a first.

I dont see the problem with Reading only getting 13k. Id be happy with 13k.

They obviously need to steal some fans from the Reading based fans of London clubs and a good run may eventually do that but will take time.

Southampton lasted in the Premier League with 15k every week.

I think it is nice to see one of the smaller clubs doing well and the league not being donimated by West Ham, Leeds, Sunderland etc.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ie expect Reading were pleased with their 23,000 crowd against Leeds.

We have not got a very good record against Leeds and the crowds, home and away, have not been very high.

This most memotrable match was a 2-0 victory at the Goldstone in 1981 before 27,577 fans and also in 1979 was the second biggest attendance against Leeds with 27,002 fans. Crowds were lower in those days and the attendances were both more than double the crowds for the matches against the Albion at Elland Road.

The biggest attendance at Elland Road in the away match was in 1979 with 24,070 fans, but this was the only one above 20,000.

http://www3.mistral.co.uk/timc/bhares/clubs/leedited.htm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here