Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Read This All of You Dick Knight Detractors

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dick Knight has worked miracles over the first few years that have not only seen our club achieve considerable success but also balanced the books in an even more difficult situation than that of Bradford who own their own stadium.

I admire Dick Knight as a fan and a businessman.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Looks like they will do a Grimsby next season then.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dick Knight has worked miracles over the first few years that have not only seen our club achieve considerable success but also balanced the books in an even more difficult situation than that of Bradford who own their own stadium and are not pouring huge amounts of revenue into a protracted planning battle.

I admire Dick Knight as a fan and a businessman.

Last edited:

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
FFS.....We've had this thread / argument on so many occasions..

Everyone who posts here is entitled to their opinion......within reason. I'm Sorry FG, but your opinion is unreasonable, unfounded and unwanted as well as irrational and unhelpful.

Without DK ( amongst other obvious figures ) we would have no Albion. It's a simple fact...DK helped save this club. He has put in time, effort and cash and doesn't deserve to be slandered in this way.So whatever happens in the ( near ) future, I for one, will always be grateful for his efforts.

DK:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Dick Knight has done absolutely brilliantly to get the Albion to where they are.

I don't think opening up the chequebook is a sign of the club's ambition. Ok it's exciting when a club splashes out huge amounts of cash on players, but it doesn't guarantee success. We can all quote examples.

I am really excited by our youth players coming through, Harding,Virgo, El Abd, McPhee and Robinson. No doubt there'll be more in the future.

At least we have local talent in the squad not a team full of foreign import journeymen who have no loyalty except when payday arrives.

Carry on the good work Albion.............

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Stepped in to save our club. Chaired us through a ludicrous groundshare. Brought us back to Gods own County with a management team in place that took us close to the play-offs, then 2 Championships, then a fair tilt at 1st division survival when on paper (with all our limitations) we had no right to be anywhere near that division, now a tilt at the play-offs to get there again. All the while running the club still with the same ludicrous limitations. All the while jumping through every planning hoop and battling every conceivable obstacle to get us to being one word away from permission for a new stadium. Something no Chairman has ever achieved or even had the balls, nerve or acumen to honestly and realistically drive for.

Blokes a feckin hero in my book.

Nuff said.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ernest said:
Dick Knight blah blah blah saved the club blah blah blah real fan blah blah blah blah
Should read of course potless egomaniac whose refusal to give up control puts the future of the club in more danger every day.
Any chance of you getting some ARS stationery sorted in time for Cardiff if we get there. When he disgracefully milks the applause at the end of the game with the team, it would be nice to meet his lap of dishonour with some sort of red card protest.

"Potless chairmen out of Brighton" or something?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Simster said:
Any chance of you getting some ARS stationery sorted in time for Cardiff if we get there. When he disgracefully milks the applause at the end of the game with the team, it would be nice to meet his lap of dishonour with some sort of red card protest.

"Potless chairmen out of Brighton" or something?

No I can just see 35000 true Albion fans singing who is the wanker with the glasses on a bit of string :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ernest said:
No I can just see 35000 true Albion fans singing who is the wanker with the glasses on a bit of string :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
I'm getting CROSS just thinking about this shocking LEECHING FREELOADER in charge of our club. :angry:

:thumbsup:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Simster said:
I'm getting CROSS just thinking about this shocking LEECHING FREELOADER in charge of our club. :angry:

:thumbsup:

I'm bringing the ARS mascot (my pet poodle Bobby) to Cardiff and he will perform his trick of cocking his leg on a picture of Dick Tight but I'll have to keep him on a strong lead as every time he sees an old man with a grey goatee and glasses he starts frothing at the mouth :angry: :angry:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Bwian said:
Our chairman is often accused of being a penny pincher, not adventurous enough in the transfer market, lets managers go to clubs with more capacity/money.

Dick Knight hasn't led The Albion down this path-thank f**k!

Bantams squad up for sale

Bradford have told their entire playing staff they should look for other clubs as the financial situation at Valley Parade deepens.
The Bantams face reported debts of £36m and will hold crunch talks with their creditors on Friday.

Club secretary Jon Pollard said: "Players have been made aware of the dire financial situation of the club.

"They have been told that if they can find other clubs they should as it is in their best interests."

Pollard added: "The creditors meeting will go ahead as planned on Friday and further negotiations will take place in that.

"The club full appreciates the concern of the supporters and they can be assured that everything is being done to ensure its survival."

Pollard has also played down suggestions the Bantams, relegated to Division Two this term, may be forced to ground-share at Odsal Stadium with rugby league side Bradford Bulls.

He said: "We are unable to make any comment about that at the moment.

"We are looking into various options and will make a statement in due course."
I get it everytime there is a club in massive debt you bring this crap up ha ha.
How about a list of clubs that has moved forwards i ask as it works both ways dear o dear.

Have you ever wondered why this club never gets to show its true potential,well work it out its easy.:drink: :smokin:

You always have to be gratefull and look down,well try looking up and being posotive for once grrrrrrr.:censored:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Re: Re: Read This All of You Dick Knight Detractors

berkshire seagull said:
I get it everytime there is a club in massive debt you bring this crap up ha ha.
How about a list of clubs that has moved forwards i ask as it works both ways dear o dear.

Have you ever wondered why this club never gets to show its true potential,well work it out its easy.:drink: :smokin:

You always have to be gratefull and look down,well try looking up and being posotive for once grrrrrrr.:censored:

Let's just examine our history - how many seasons in Highest Divn? 4 How many seasons in next highest Divn? Not many (4 or 5 in past 25 years?) How many seasons in next highest Divn? (All bar about a dozen of our entire existence). Our "average" position over our entire history is, I guarantee you, below where we are now.....possibly by at least half a dozen places.

In the 30 odd years that I've been following the Albion the past three years have seen us finishing in positions significantly above our "average", and yet we've achieved that without a ground to call our own, and with virtually no dosh. And the bloke I'd like to thank is Mr Dick Knight - rightfully SIR DICK.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Read This All of You Dick Knight Detractors

berkshire seagull said:

I know this is difficult for you to fully comprehend, but it serves to illustrate to the "one brain cell functioning" club that spending millions on players that a club can't afford and paying them salaries that the club can't afford=good chance of club going out of business. You, of course, wouldn't be aware of any of this in view of your attendance record and involvement with the club.

I am a very "posotive"(?) person, as are most people on here. You, FG and Ernest, however, appear to be the only ones full of negative comments on a daily basis. Your brand of positive thinking I can live quite happily without.

As for your comment on why this club never gets to show its true potential-what planet have you been living on for the last ten years? I'm not going to reproduce the entire contents of "Build A Bonfire". I suggest you read it.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Re: Re: Re: Read This All of You Dick Knight Detractors

Bwian said:
I know this is difficult for you to fully comprehend, but it serves to illustrate to the "one brain cell functioning" club that spending millions on players that a club can't afford and paying them salaries that the club can't afford=good chance of club going out of business. You, of course, wouldn't be aware of any of this in view of your attendance record and involvement with the club.

I am a very "posotive"(?) person, as are most people on here. You, FG and Ernest, however, appear to be the only ones full of negative comments on a daily basis. Your brand of positive thinking I can live quite happily without.

As for your comment on why this club never gets to show its true potential-what planet have you been living on for the last ten years? I'm not going to reproduce the entire contents of "Build A Bonfire". I suggest you read it.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bwian, you're probably wasting your time trying to make the likes of FG, berkshire seagull, and Ernest see the light. Fortunately, as both of us were amongst the 1,000 or so at Wrexham, we know the massive support that Dick Knight gets from virtually every single real fan. Having said that, NSC is a forum for all views....let's hope that those in the very small anti-DK minority see sense soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here