Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reaction at work

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wearing my Albion polo top proudly today and literally everyone I've spoken too was talking about the match , football fans or not - had a shit load of congratulations texts from mates who support Premiership teams and I'm still smiling whenever I see the goals

today has been good :)

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
where i work there is a mixture of Donny rovers/ sheff weds & Utd / Forest / Mansfield and chesterfield...most said a great result on the quiet but there were some who reminded me of the Walsall match rather loudly, however i did remind the Sheff Utd lads of their 6-0 defeat to Arsenal Youth..its all just banter in the end so who really cares

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Great response from a combination of Leeds, Orient, Arsenal and Man Utd fans, a more guarded response from a Derby fan.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I did have a few enjoyable moments taking the piss out of a Man City fan I was working with today, He tried to pass it off as they only put out a reserve team but that was countered with the fact they had a striker up front who cost more than our club is worth. Where ever the bloke went at work he found picture's that had been printed off the internet were left for him, Even stuck to the front of his locker.

D

Deleted User X18H

had a text from an ex work colleague offering congrats and my 11 month old son screamed the house down when I played the you tube pens at full volume .......................sorry don't work

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I did have a few enjoyable moments taking the piss out of a Man City fan I was working with today, He tried to pass it off as they only put out a reserve team but that was countered with the fact they had a striker up front who cost more than our club is worth. Where ever the bloke went at work he found picture's that had been printed off the internet were left for him, Even stuck to the front of his locker.

:laugh:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Most here didn't realise we'd beaten Manchester City, and most were surprised when I told them, but the few football supporters that there are here, were well made up on my behalf, especially a rather cute 23-year-old Birmingham City fan. She gave me a big hug.

I've been an Albion fan for years! Can you send her round?

I arrived at work to find the self-proclaimed Liverpool supporter expecting me to be hung over and then I received a phone call from the Chair of the Management Committee of the organisation who simply wanted to congratulate me. Me? What had I done?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One of the Spurs fans (among those who'd spent Wednesday debating with the rest of the footy fans on the staff how many goals we'd get stuffed by) greeted me with the words "what the f***ing hell happened there then?" followed by congratulations, the other Spurs fan seemed pleased as well (although maybe the moods of both were helped by Spuds winning). The rest, though not really interested in football, knew what had happened and seemed pleased.

I haven't seen the Arsenal fan (who was convinced we were going to lose 8-0) yet.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Gills fan at work congratulated us, took the piss abit about them loosing on pens and showed the youtube video doing the rounds

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Far too busy taking the p*ss out of all the Everton fans.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Not worked today, though most of my neighbours who follow Chelsea, Arsenal (one of them follows Southend as well as Arsenal), Man United, Spurs and even one Peterborough fan have all been positive about the result. Had congratulations from a Man U/ Morecombe fan that lives in Morecombe as well.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
All the builders (Chelsea, Spurs etc) who are on site knew i was going, and that i'd prob be late in - Sure enough, i rocked up at 9, but with a big smile and large cookies allround - They made me a big brew and gamely let me regale stories to them for 10 minutes. All well happy for us.

Crodonilson's reply just smacks of playing into his PL fantasy wind up surely, everyone up here was made up for us - We're f***ing GLOBAL..:clap2:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Wore my shirt in and most people into football were keen to have a little chat about the great result.

Then just before I left to go home this old guy I don't really know rushed over and shook my hand saying congratulations. I had no idea what I was being congratulated for until he eventually mentioned how happy he was that the Albion had done so well.

Still don't know why I was getting the congrats though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here