Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Sheebo's post on ATC

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The jury is still very much OUT. Seemingly performances are improving but we can play as pretty as we like and still get relegated. The squad is falling to pieces and there is a nasty lack of confidence about the place, plus we are down on luck at the moment.

I still think he could be a very successful manager for us but currently we are occupying a relegation spot and have two VERY tough games coming up.

Couldn't agree more - certainly not calling for anyone's head - FAR too early but apart from playing a bit prettier football (and is that what is needed when you're in a relegation battle??) I don't see a huge degree of difference to what went on before. I would certainly argue that had we, for example, appointed Dennis Wise and exactly the same sequence of events taken place there would be a far greater number questioning the manager. That said, like any manager Gus does need time and I wouldn't want any heads to roll until at least Christmas and only then if absolutley necessary.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
But you are saying that Poyet is a clueless idiot, hes got us playing decent football, hes cleaned up our woeful disciplinary record, hes got several players playing much better than before and he has cleared out a number of players that were doing very little in the way of taking this club forward such as Mcleod, Livermore, Davies and Dickinson>

Thats just off the top of my head, now maybe you can tell us why you are not a clueless idiot!

- Dropping Forster, Murray and Dicker
- Loaning out Dickinson when we only have 1 striker capable of scoring goals. -Bringing Gary Hart on to chase the long balls we pump forward (clearly Hart can use his height to win the balls and his pace to run on to the others)
- Making awful tactical decision
- Raving about El Abd and Navarro despite them being shit
- Loaning out Tunnicliffe when Elphick and El Abd are shit
- Getting Virgo back in the team after he throws his toys out of the pram, which doesnt really set a good standard for anyone.
Shall I go on? Oh and the 1 stat that matters - The fact we keep losing and are in the relegation zone!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
- Loaning out Dickinson when we only have 1 striker capable of scoring goals. -Bringing Gary Hart on to chase the long balls we pump forward (clearly Hart can use his height to win the balls and his pace to run on to the others)
- Getting Virgo back in the team after he throws his toys out of the pram, which doesnt really set a good standard for anyone.
Shall I go on? Oh and the 1 stat that matters - The fact we keep losing and are in the relegation zone!

Ok well like you said before you are entitled to your opinion and as i said before time will tell, you may well be right i just dont see it that way.

In my opinion the man in your avatar wasted a hell of a lot of money in the summer bringing in players that were not up to the job. You can argue all you like about Slade not having enough time, but it was time with a team that he built and a team that let him down big time.

Poyet has not yet built his team but the players he has brought in with the possible exception of Carole have been either better than what we had or added something we didnt have. I think he is building a decent side, i also think we will survive this season and go on to prosper thereafter

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks BG - I just couldn't believe what Naylor wrote - and wish some fans wouldn't be so fickle - let's give this manager some time and support yeh - i predict massive things in the Summer and Gus to assemble a brilliant squad - he can only deal with mainly what he inherited...

For some 'fans' on here to be calling our manager, Gus Poyet, names like 'twat' is disgusting. The worse thing is that Gus has done really well IMO and we're going in the right direction. It was bad enough when people on here were calling Micky Adams names cos things weren’t working out (cos he's an Albion legend) - let alone Gus who on the whole has done WELL...

I just thought Mr Camlin should pass on these views of the majority of level headed fans to Gus - Incase he reads the f'ing Argus...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see a trend, WW, ZR, CB, SM all young fans who were spoilt by recent championship years, bobby zamora, Mill Stad etc, some of us lived through years of Barry Lloyd for example, Poyet has been manager for NINETEEN GAMES, he has WON 7 LOST 8 and DRAWN 4 using a team he inherited from a manager who record was WON 9 LOST 15 DRAWN 7.

Now you kids just get yourselfs a real life instead of constant MOAN MOAN f***ing MOAN and have some PATIENCE

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see a trend, WW, ZR, CB, SM all young fans who were spoilt by recent championship years, bobby zamora, Mill Stad etc, some of us lived through years of Barry Lloyd for example, Poyet has been manager for NINETEEN GAMES, he has WON 7 LOST 8 and DRAWN 4 using a team he inherited from a manager who record was WON 9 LOST 15 DRAWN 7.

Now you kids just get yourselfs a real life instead of constant MOAN MOAN f***ing MOAN and have some PATIENCE

Absolutely SPOT on - Post of the day :thumbsup:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA

:thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
People worry.People panic.People sometimes have too much lager shandy and shout for perfectly good managers to be removed.Quite often the clubs that stand by their management appointment decisions prosper.

Mr Poyet has my support and will continue to have it.He will be an excellent manager,and that's not a "you heard it hear first" statement.I think,like a lot of the posters on this board that Mr P didn't really rate Dickinson,and has been rather railroaded in the NF affair.

Trust the man.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Tell me why everyone likes Poyet? What has he done to make him such a good manager? Hes done f*** all. The club is in a terrible and certain to go down.

Want to bet? If your so confident that we are CERTAIN to go down? :wrong:

Week in week out we are actually putting in decent performances against some quality sides, sort our home form out and we would be around the play offs. Yes we should be picking up more points, which annoys me aswell, why do you think sacking Gus would change this? He is the first manager we have had for years that has actually changed and improved the way we play, and you can see the improvements and that things are on the up :thumbsup:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I havent yet said Poyet out, but there may be no alternative, hes rubbish and we're getting worse. It just annoys me that everyone is pro Poyet, despite him not achieving ANYTHING.

You forgot the :jester: after that because there is no way that can be serious.

We are passing the ball alot better, not resorting to the hoof ball tactics, we are tighter in defense and are a harder side to beat than when Slade left - so how is that getting worse exactly???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Agree about them being spoilt by our success and therefore anything less is unacceptable. - I'd bet they would have been calling for Adams to be sacked in his first spell at the club because he wasn't successful enough in his first season had that spell started this season.

Give the manager a chance to work his magic. This constant chopping and changing offers no real benefit to the club, long term stability and allowing a team to grow and evolve is a far better bet for seeing a team climb the table and get us towards where we all want the side to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here