Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

re moving seats next season

Zamo123

Mar 1, 2012
Whens the cutt off for season ticket renewals cos then coudent we phone the club and see if the seats we want the people in them have renewed of not cos if they havent i shoudent c a problem in getting the seat?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm one of the 200 or so people in ESL G block that will have to move to accommodate the away fans.

I got a letter advising of this about a week or so ago. I rang up customer services who asked me where I'd like to move to. I said ESU as near to the half way line as I could.
My seat is now reserved - 4 rows from front, slightly to the north side of the half way line, but still inside the centre circle - well chuffed! And still have that great view of a full West Stand :)

For those wanting to move who are not being displaced, why not ring customer services and explain what you want to do; I'm sure they'll be as accommodating as possible. But I do agree that some kind of window before renewal to allow STH to move would be great. Some kind of seat swap managed by the club. Not everyone will get what they want, but there's a chance some or most might?

Then after the move window closes; the waiting list can have their go?

That sounds a top viewer!.Did they say how much it will cost to sit up there?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I rang the shop today and I'm really not happy with what they have said

Why would I want to pay for a seat I do not like ,if I cancel I will go to back of waiting list ,if I renew they can't promise a move

Anyone feel this is out of order

Man on phone said we are the only club who does not charge to move seats then I said u don't move them anyway lol was going around in circles
I even offered to pay when he said that or give 200 to charity response was if I do it for u will have to do that for everyone
He also said everyone wants to move to halfway line this is where I'm already sitting I said and hate it

I'm a bit annoyed by this process

If you could say that again in English, I might stand a chance of understanding it.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I do have sympathy with the view that existing season ticket holders should have priority on bagging new seats, especially in the new tier of the east.

I guess there is always the possibility that permission will be granted for some of the new seats (eg the corners) but not the upper east. That would create chaos if the club had already allocated existing season ticket holders there.

Maybe an unofficial website (part of NSC?) which links fans looking to swap seats could solve a lot of the problems. Any deal could then be rubber-stamped by the club with minimal admin.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Well, from the response on here it is obvious there are people who are unhappy where they currently are. This could be for a variety of reasons - you don't like the people next to you, you want to sit nearer friends, you have a crap view etc. I think you're forgetting that with the additional seats if people wanted to move they could do so without displacing anyone else.

I agree it might be an administrative nightmare for the club if it became a free-for-all, but on the other hand why should you be stuck with a seat you're not happy with for the rest of your life?

I think the best solution would be to have a 'window' before the new STs go on sale during which any STH who have requested a move can do so. This is also rewarding current STHs, who will get first dibs on the new seats. It seems rather unfair that people who are not current STHs are going to get some of the best seats in the stadium in the East Stand Upper. Existing fans should get priority.

You would think this would be an ideal solution to respect the loyalty of existing STH's. It's not rocket surgery ffs. I do get the feeling that the club are tacking the easy and most lucrative option. The current STH's have been accommodated (have a seat) and the new seats will be easier to sell due to being in better positions than seats that existing STH's move from and thus don't rate (eg front row ESL).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You would think this would be an ideal solution to respect the loyalty of existing STH's. It's not rocket surgery ffs. I do get the feeling that the club are tacking the easy and most lucrative option. The current STH's have been accommodated (have a seat) and the new seats will be easier to sell due to being in better positions than seats that existing STH's move from and thus don't rate (eg front row ESL).

We can put it to the club and see if they listen? It sounds to me that they haven't decided how to deal with the situation - probably no decision will be made until planning permission for the expansion is given.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
I'm currently in the family stand and my son is heading for the first of life's great milestones 16 during next season so we will have to move for 2013/2014 is there anyone on here who is in that position a year in front of us? Surely if we have been season ticket holders at Withdean and the Amex we won't just drop onto the waiting list when we have to move?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We are WSL B row c and in an ideal world we would like to move further back and towards the centre. Spoke to the ticket office on Tues and he said "let me guess further back and more central! He said they are asking for fans to renew and them after May 1st will accept applications for moving

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We are WSL B row c and in an ideal world we would like to move further back and towards the centre. Spoke to the ticket office on Tues and he said "let me guess further back and more central! He said they are asking for fans to renew and them after May 1st will accept applications for moving

That's good news. I'm not surprised fans want to move further back - if there's one slight criticism of the Amex design (and believe you me I love the place!) it's that the rake of the seats isn't steep enough. I'm nine rows back and thought that would be enough to get a decent perspective. It isn't.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I am struggling to see on what basis you can be upset with the club. You don't like your seat, well that's unfortunate. Where exactly would you like to sit? And out of interest, to accommodate you, if you get the seat you want, where do the club put the person who has that seat at the moment. Reality check. We sold 18,500 season tickets or there abouts. There aren't many spare seats to move to. It's also a bit glib by Kevo suggest there are loads of people wanting to change their seat. Maybe it's up to you to find someone who would swap places.
My thoughts exactly.

Personally I feel they should give exisiting STH the oppertunaty to move to one of the new seats (provided permission is granted of course). Set a deadline, and then allow a week or two, for all other STH to enquire in person about moving their seat to a vacated one that was used this season, before offering them out to the waiting list and newbies.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's good news. I'm not surprised fans want to move further back - if there's one slight criticism of the Amex design (and believe you me I love the place!) it's that the rake of the seats isn't steep enough. I'm nine rows back and thought that would be enough to get a decent perspective. It isn't.

Everyone's different aren't they...I am east stand 8 rows back and more than happy with the view (apart from most of the goals going in other end)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Doesn't this have something to do with those personal seat licenses? (if anyone actually bought one, that is).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whens the cutt off for season ticket renewals cos then coudent we phone the club and see if the seats we want the people in them have renewed of not cos if they havent i shoudent c a problem in getting the seat?

With spelling like that, one presumes that you would leave it to your parent or legal guardian to actually make the call on your behalf!!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I expected to see the sea from my seat, the hanging gardens of babylon, and herds of wilderbeast sweeping majestically.

Ive been let down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I expected to see the sea from my seat, the hanging gardens of babylon, and herds of wilderbeast sweeping majestically.

Ive been let down.

:lol:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

I remember going to Cardiff for the first time for the play-off final and when I walked out to the seats I actually took a breath it was so steep compared to anywhere I had been before. I think it makes the Millennium Stadium one of the best around. You really feel you are on top of the action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here