Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re-arranging of Sky Channels

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We have Anytime+ working on our box already, but it only works if you have sky broadband as well. It wont work with another broadband provider. But I requested it from the mysky page on their web site

Is that a permanent thing, or are they just setting it up for Sky Broadband people first then slowly rolling it out to everyone else?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So are all BBC/ITV/Other HD channel programmes broadcast in HD now? I thought it was just "special" events like live programmes etc?

I need a new telly as I've still got a huge CRT thing so I've been thinking about upgrading. Been holding off buying one as I'm waiting for the boxing day sales. Given the positive vibes on here think I'll certainly pay the extra tenner a month.

Question for you more knowledgeable on the subject do you think if I ring up Sky I'll be able to blag at least then waiving the £60 installation fee?

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
They're not going to rollout Anytime+ unless you have Sky broadband, I asked the engineer just this weekend and it's is because it will eat up your usage allowance.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
From 1st Feb 2011, if you have a HD digibox and HD subscription, the HD channels will be replacing the SD channels on the EPG :clap2:

In simple terms BBC One HD will now be on 101 and BBC One will be 143; Sky Sports 1HD will be 401 and Sky Sports 1 will be 408. Makes it a lot better when they're all together

Mmmmm 101 BBC1, 103 ITV1, 104 C4 and 105 are still standard def! Guess all they moved were Sky channels. Not used to new numbers yet, just spent 10 mins watching 408 thinking it looked a bit shite :dunce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have just written to Sky cancelling my subscription and boughta tv recorder with HDMI connection that will take it up to 1080 whatevers which apparently is HD standard. Worked out about 3 months sky subscriptions and as I very rarely watch sky just use sky + it will suit my needs and save me money.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Mmmmm 101 BBC1, 103 ITV1, 104 C4 and 105 are still standard def! Guess all they moved were Sky channels. Not used to new numbers yet, just spent 10 mins watching 408 thinking it looked a bit shite :dunce:

All the channels changed except 101, 103, 104 and 105

Also notice there's been a big mix around with channels and numbers too i.e. MTV now on 126, Syfy on 114, Universal on 113, Sky 3 on 152 etc.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
With the HD channels as the standard now I have noticed much more an issue with synchronisation of sound and pictures - with the sound about a quarter of second behind the pictures which is really annoying - but only on some channels and worse on ones like comedy central.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Get yerselfs a universal programable remote, then you can assign whatever channels you like to the buttons, which in our house means there is no ITV, HD or not. :thumbsup:

14960.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here