Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
There is a long comment of mine under that famous ghost video.

Where I talk about the difficulties of a manager when he has to deal with the expectations of a big club.

I don't think you are interested in.

Hopefully I will translate it tomorrow for you.

That's all.

Have a goodnight.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
One of the comments to the video says:
Parole sagge. Va bene l'ambizione (ci mancherebbe), ma tempo al tempo. Vuoi mettere la soddisfazione di costruire qualcosa "dal basso", come RDZ ha fatto con il Sassuolo e sta facendo ora con il Brighton, rispetto a impelagarsi in un oceano spropositato di pressioni e aspettative che si creano ad allenare una cosiddetta grande squadra? Visto Potter che fine ha fatto al Chelsea? La storia non è nuova. Mi vengono in mente tanti allenatori più o meno giovani, portatori di un moderno sistema di gioco (Gasperini, Spalletti, Maifredi, Sarri) che si sono scontrati con la realtà dei grandi club. Il problema è che si rischia di cozzare, in termini di spogliatoio, con calciatori che magari hanno vinto tanto, in un modo o nell'altro, i quali inconsciamente antepongono il loro al tuo malnutrito palmares di allenatore. Vallo a gestire poi questo spogliatoio! Qualcuno si è mai chiesto quale sia il problema vero del PSG? Chi segue il calcio conosce la risposta. E dunque: se non ti chiami Guardiola o Ancelotti, non puoi sperare di essere come loro prima di aver maturato una certa esperienza (specie nella gestione dei cosiddetti campioni) o essere riuscito a confrontarti con diverse realtà (e lingue conseguenti), vincendo al contempo campionati e coppe in differenti ambiti geografici e culturali. Solo se hai fatto questo, puoi sperare di gestire le fazioni interne e gli scontri di potere (altrimenti detti ego super gonfiati) che si creano in una locker room (si dice così?). Ancelotti, più che un tattico, è maestro in questo. Ed è una cosa che, a mio parere, ciascun manager che dir si voglia dovrebbe imparare. Onore al merito a Claudio Ranieri che con il Leicester (chi?) ha vinto una premier league senza stelle in squadra, ma con umili lavoratori del pallone tutti dediti al concetto di unità e appartenenza. Il buon Claudio organizzava delle cene comuni, fidanzate e mogli comprese, solo per cementare l'idea di una comunità e di un fine comune. Hanno avuto dei torti arbitrali, ma li hanno superati. In quel di Leicester dovrebbero erigere un monumento in suo onore. Anzi, credo l'abbiano persino fatto. De Zerbi, a mio parere, partecipa di quest'ultima categoria. Ovvero quelli che hanno un sogno, una visione, e si ritrovano fra le mani materiali grezzi, da plasmare, con i quali sfidare giornata dopo giornata i potentati. Non cedere al canto delle Sirene.

Which according to Google Translate means:
Wise words. Ambition is fine (God forbid), but time to time.
Do you want to put the satisfaction of building something "from below", as RDZ did with Sassuolo and is doing now with Brighton, versus getting entangled in a disproportionate ocean of pressures and expectations that arise from coaching a so-called great team?
Seen Potter what happened to Chelsea?
The story is not new. Many more or less young coaches come to mind, bearers of a modern game system (Gasperini, Spalletti, Maifredi, Sarri) who have collided with the reality of the big clubs. The problem is that you risk colliding, in terms of the locker room, with players who may have won a lot, in one way or another, who unconsciously put theirs before your undernourished coaching record.
Then go and manage this locker room!
Has anyone ever wondered what PSG's real problem is?
Those who follow football know the answer.
And therefore: if your name is not Guardiola or Ancelotti, you cannot hope to be like them before having gained some experience (especially in managing the so-called champions) or having managed to deal with different realities (and consequent languages), winning at the same time championships and cups in different geographical and cultural fields.
Only if you've done this can you hope to handle the internal factions and power struggles (aka super inflated egos) that arise in a locker room (is that what they say?).
Ancelotti, more than a tactician, is a master at this. And it is something that, in my opinion, every manager should learn.
Kudos to Claudio Ranieri who with Leicester (who?) won a premier league with no stars in the team, but with humble football workers all dedicated to the concept of unity and belonging.
The good Claudio organized common dinners, including girlfriends and wives, just to cement the idea of a community and a common goal.
They had refereeing wrongs, but they got over them.
In Leicester they should erect a monument in honor of him. In fact, I think they even did.
De Zerbi, in my opinion, belongs to the latter category.
That is, those who have a dream, a vision, and find themselves in their hands raw materials, to be shaped, with which to challenge the potentates day after day.
Don't give in to the song of the sirens.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
One of the comments to the video says:
Parole sagge. Va bene l'ambizione (ci mancherebbe), ma tempo al tempo. Vuoi mettere la soddisfazione di costruire qualcosa "dal basso", come RDZ ha fatto con il Sassuolo e sta facendo ora con il Brighton, rispetto a impelagarsi in un oceano spropositato di pressioni e aspettative che si creano ad allenare una cosiddetta grande squadra? Visto Potter che fine ha fatto al Chelsea? La storia non è nuova. Mi vengono in mente tanti allenatori più o meno giovani, portatori di un moderno sistema di gioco (Gasperini, Spalletti, Maifredi, Sarri) che si sono scontrati con la realtà dei grandi club. Il problema è che si rischia di cozzare, in termini di spogliatoio, con calciatori che magari hanno vinto tanto, in un modo o nell'altro, i quali inconsciamente antepongono il loro al tuo malnutrito palmares di allenatore. Vallo a gestire poi questo spogliatoio! Qualcuno si è mai chiesto quale sia il problema vero del PSG? Chi segue il calcio conosce la risposta. E dunque: se non ti chiami Guardiola o Ancelotti, non puoi sperare di essere come loro prima di aver maturato una certa esperienza (specie nella gestione dei cosiddetti campioni) o essere riuscito a confrontarti con diverse realtà (e lingue conseguenti), vincendo al contempo campionati e coppe in differenti ambiti geografici e culturali. Solo se hai fatto questo, puoi sperare di gestire le fazioni interne e gli scontri di potere (altrimenti detti ego super gonfiati) che si creano in una locker room (si dice così?). Ancelotti, più che un tattico, è maestro in questo. Ed è una cosa che, a mio parere, ciascun manager che dir si voglia dovrebbe imparare. Onore al merito a Claudio Ranieri che con il Leicester (chi?) ha vinto una premier league senza stelle in squadra, ma con umili lavoratori del pallone tutti dediti al concetto di unità e appartenenza. Il buon Claudio organizzava delle cene comuni, fidanzate e mogli comprese, solo per cementare l'idea di una comunità e di un fine comune. Hanno avuto dei torti arbitrali, ma li hanno superati. In quel di Leicester dovrebbero erigere un monumento in suo onore. Anzi, credo l'abbiano persino fatto. De Zerbi, a mio parere, partecipa di quest'ultima categoria. Ovvero quelli che hanno un sogno, una visione, e si ritrovano fra le mani materiali grezzi, da plasmare, con i quali sfidare giornata dopo giornata i potentati. Non cedere al canto delle Sirene.

Which according to Google Translate means:
Wise words. Ambition is fine (God forbid), but time to time.
Do you want to put the satisfaction of building something "from below", as RDZ did with Sassuolo and is doing now with Brighton, versus getting entangled in a disproportionate ocean of pressures and expectations that arise from coaching a so-called great team?
Seen Potter what happened to Chelsea?
The story is not new. Many more or less young coaches come to mind, bearers of a modern game system (Gasperini, Spalletti, Maifredi, Sarri) who have collided with the reality of the big clubs. The problem is that you risk colliding, in terms of the locker room, with players who may have won a lot, in one way or another, who unconsciously put theirs before your undernourished coaching record.
Then go and manage this locker room!
Has anyone ever wondered what PSG's real problem is?
Those who follow football know the answer.
And therefore: if your name is not Guardiola or Ancelotti, you cannot hope to be like them before having gained some experience (especially in managing the so-called champions) or having managed to deal with different realities (and consequent languages), winning at the same time championships and cups in different geographical and cultural fields.
Only if you've done this can you hope to handle the internal factions and power struggles (aka super inflated egos) that arise in a locker room (is that what they say?).
Ancelotti, more than a tactician, is a master at this. And it is something that, in my opinion, every manager should learn.
Kudos to Claudio Ranieri who with Leicester (who?) won a premier league with no stars in the team, but with humble football workers all dedicated to the concept of unity and belonging.
The good Claudio organized common dinners, including girlfriends and wives, just to cement the idea of a community and a common goal.
They had refereeing wrongs, but they got over them.
In Leicester they should erect a monument in honor of him. In fact, I think they even did.
De Zerbi, in my opinion, belongs to the latter category.
That is, those who have a dream, a vision, and find themselves in their hands raw materials, to be shaped, with which to challenge the potentates day after day.
Don't give in to the song of the sirens.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can someone edit the thread title to 'De Zerbi: "i don't consider leaving"' and ban this prick
Why on earth do you want him banned? And sadly I see you had support. NSC can be a nasty, insular place at times. After all it's no secret that De Zerbi loves it here but will probably move on at some stage. If a regular poster says that everyone just nods. A newbie says it (in what probably isn't their first language) and gets called a prick.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Have you ever seen the series "Lie to me"?

Tim Roth at his best, to me, in terms of acting. Body language, especially that one around eye movements, always betrays, hides or reveals truths.

Yes, it seems this video does not work in England, very strange thing. I don't know why.

None team I support particularly. Just every italian side when they play good in Europe.

I'm rooting for Brighton because it could be Cinderella's fairy tale renewed. Just as it was for Leicester or, to talk about the Italian championship, for Cagliari and Verona.
The difference with us and Leicester is that we didn’t cheat our way to the Top Table…

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Why on earth do you want him banned? And sadly I see you had support. NSC can be a nasty, insular place at times. After all it's no secret that De Zerbi loves it here but will probably move on at some stage. If a regular poster says that everyone just nods. A newbie says it (in what probably isn't their first language) and gets called a prick.
Of course he shouldn't be banned it was for comic effect. But a first post twisting a good interview to imply De Zerbi is considering leaving is ridiculous.

The sort of thing I'd expect from the from the Swede formerly of this parish

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I think the ban comment was a joke tbf.

*deep breath*

We are laughing because someone who is not a fan of this club has joined this club's fan forum site and instead of saying hello and introducing themselves has gone in two-footed with their first thread to post an article (where our manager says he's happy here) and names the thread 'should I stay or should I go' presumably for clicks and then suggests he is fluttering his eyelashes and implying he wants to leave and then thanks the existing members sarcastically for the welcome when they get called out for it. In short.

*and breathe*

It's not nasty or insular, it's a defence mechanism when someone is clearly taking the piss. Making a joke of it is healthier than getting into an angry argument aimed at the individual.

In general NSC is far more tolerant (and healthy) than many other fan sites and plenty of newbies have found a good welcome here recently, and over the years, even those who support other clubs. But that doesn't make us a free hit.

What do you expect - welcome in, friend, have a cuppa and please stir some more shit about our beloved club while you're here?

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Of course he shouldn't be banned it was for comic effect. But a first post twisting a good interview to imply De Zerbi is considering leaving is ridiculous.

Nuts you beat me to it and far more succinctly 😂

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I think the ban comment was a joke tbf.

*deep breath*

We are laughing because someone who is not a fan of this club has joined this club's fan forum site and instead of saying hello and introducing themselves has gone in two-footed with their first thread to post an article (where our manager says he's happy here) and names the thread 'should I stay or should I go' presumably for clicks and then suggests he is fluttering his eyelashes and implying he wants to leave and then thanks the existing members sarcastically for the welcome when they get called out for it. In short.

*and breathe*

It's not nasty or insular, it's a defence mechanism when someone is clearly taking the piss. Making a joke of it is healthier than getting into an angry argument aimed at the individual.

In general NSC is far more tolerant (and healthy) than many other fan sites and plenty of newbies have found a good welcome here recently, and over the years, even those who support other clubs. But that doesn't make us a free hit.

What do you expect - welcome in, friend, have a cuppa and please stir some more shit about our beloved club while you're here?
Well I don't think calling him a 'prick' is much of a joke, but we've all got different senses of humour.

And IMO, it was quite a reasoned post making a valid point, and as I said - probably not in his first language. And it's not as if he said it nastily or aggressively, and therefore, again IMO, it didn't warrant a nasty reply.

Anyway, fair enough, I'm not going to make a thing of it. He's not the first newbie to start with a slightly controversial first post and he won't be the last.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Have you ever seen the series "Lie to me"?

Tim Roth at his best, to me, in terms of acting. Body language, especially that one around eye movements, always betrays, hides or reveals truths.

Yes, it seems this video does not work in England, very strange thing. I don't know why.

None team I support particularly. Just every italian side when they play good in Europe.

I'm rooting for Brighton because it could be Cinderella's fairy tale renewed. Just as it was for Leicester or, to talk about the Italian championship, for Cagliari and Verona.
Yeah I saw some episodes, but anyway I'm not a master interrogator (nor are you I reckon) and from my point of view I don't think RDZ acted in any way different than when answering the other questions. In any case as he says in this interview he really doesn't seem keen on leaving the PL this summer, so even if he did receive offers from Italian clubs he has refused them/not considered them.

Oh I see, a football fan who's not tied to a specific club, an Italian unicorn. Is football your second sport?

Last edited:

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
If De Zerbi leaves anytime soon I’m confident we can find a good replacement. We have a great squad of players playing really good progressive football and the infrastructure of the club is very well organised, the only thing we don’t have that top 6 have is lots and lots of money. There will be managers falling over themselves to manage Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here