Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im presuming it IS him doing the commentary on the spurs game tonight, as he's got that ray-esque voice that makes me want to put a firm body part through a television

i imagine this is something quite trivial to get pissed off about, but the guy is really f***ing me off in his style of analysis. referring to all the players by their first names as if they are best mates, even the madrid players

and then to top it all off, there was one point in the game when he described spurs as WE

im sorry ray, are you a part of the spurs coaching side? no. are you former spurs player? no. do you have any connection at all to spurs? no. how the f*** can you justify using the term "we" then, and how the f*** can you also justify talking about each individual player as if you personally know them, make it sound as if you live with them and when it comes to michael dawson, sound like you exchange bodily fluids with him

i appreciate he has come out with some corking sentences, most notably "to get away with that as the away team, you've got to count your chickens", but he is really getting on my goat this evening

if this is what he is like for every game, then all i can say is thank f*** that i usually only watch live games in the pub where it is either loud or i am too drunk to notice what is being said and as such am usually not subjected to such a barrage of bollocks

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Spot on, rubbish commentary.

Martin Tyler and Andy Gray are the best combination ever to be assembled. Only to be taken apart for nothing to do with football. Sad. Let's all enjoy listening to chatter of what Gareth, Michael and Harry need to do.

The main commentator is also shit.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
im presuming it IS him doing the commentary on the spurs game tonight, as he's got that ray-esque voice that makes me want to put a firm body part through a television

i imagine this is something quite trivial to get pissed off about, but the guy is really f***ing me off in his style of analysis. referring to all the players by their first names as if they are best mates, even the madrid players

and then to top it all off, there was one point in the game when he described spurs as WE

im sorry ray, are you a part of the spurs coaching side? no. are you former spurs player? no. do you have any connection at all to spurs? no. how the f*** can you justify using the term "we" then, and how the f*** can you also justify talking about each individual player as if you personally know them, make it sound as if you live with them and when it comes to michael dawson, sound like you exchange bodily fluids with him

i appreciate he has come out with some corking sentences, most notably "to get away with that as the away team, you've got to count your chickens", but he is really getting on my goat this evening

if this is what he is like for every game, then all i can say is thank f*** that i usually only watch live games in the pub where it is either loud or i am too drunk to notice what is being said and as such am usually not subjected to such a barrage of bollocks

I absolutely agree. Ray Wilkins is being a total wanker tonight!!!

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
I heard him say 'we' made me wonder if it was actually Wilkins. What a berk!

D

Deleted member 18477

ray wilkins...WE DONT ALL SUPPORT SPURS YOU f***ing NUT JOB. Bring back andy gray!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

So, what you're basically saying is his sultry voice turns you on so much you want to have sex with your TV? You perv.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The touchy feely way he calls each player by their christian name as if he is their mate is just wrong.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
So, what you're basically saying is his sultry voice turns you on so much you want to have sex with your TV? You perv.

i dont think that my wedding vegetable could ever be categorised as firm, or indeed would have the required strength, weight or power to make a significant impact on my television screen. much as id like it to, of course

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I've found him to be inoffensive enough tonight, thought he'd made some good points at times.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Wilkins is absolutely dire, it's laughable how poor ITV's commentary is. Get Gus on there, someone who actually knows what he is talking about!

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Can't stand him, usually mute it or turn the game off altogether like now, stopped watching at half time. Need Andy Gray back at least he livens things up a bit :clap:
Inter game looks good though wish i watched that from the start, will defo tune in for the second leg :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I've found him to be inoffensive enough tonight, thought he'd made some good points at times.

im sure he does make some good points at times - infact, id be extremely worried if a man who has had the playing and coaching career that he has isnt able to bring something to the commentary party

the trouble is for me, all of his good points tend to get washed away with his constant referal to players by their first names and this obsessive use of "we" as if he is working for spurs television. once i hear him use terms like that i just start thinking what a pleb he is and thus dont really take in any of the points. although judging from others reaction such as twitter going totally loopy, they seem to be restricted to the fact that players need to stay on their feet

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I actually thought he's been rather good. So what if he summarises in favour of the English team?

He knows his stuff and has had some insightful things to say. If you don't like it, mute it and stick the commentary on the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here