Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I did not watch a single game as I washed my hair every night

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rate the World Cup out of 10. Its been average for me. Even with a blistering final which I do not expect as Spain will be very defensive and try and grind out a 1-0 win again it has been a dissapointment for me.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
9. I spent 3 weeks in Durban and a better atmosphere I have not seen, maybe the football hasn't always been the best the overall experience has been brilliant.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats different. Being in Durban watching the World tiddlywinks competition would probably rate an 8. I am talking about here in the UK watching the whole sorry affair on tv for 4 weeks.

silkster

Nov 3, 2005
Doesnt matter how many time the BBC show me shots of African kids going nutty, doesnt change the fact its been the worst world cup in history. 3/10

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only 1 for me. But then apparently I'm a bit odd as I completely lose interest once England are out. Since England went out I have only watched 2 games, but will be watching the final tonight.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

GOOD POINTS
Like the vuvuzelas now, some exciting knockout matches and unpredictable tournament.

BAD POINTS
England's early exit, Host nation going out in the group stage and no player has really set the World Cup alight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only watched bits of games so I'm not really that qualified to answer this, but I don't think it has been particularly memorable. Time will tell, but its not a classic world cup imo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
started weak, but got good in last 16 and quarters/semis have had some good football. top drama from the French, shock early exit from the Italians, Brazil turned over early too, Germans showing a positive game, even many of the 1-0s have been entertaining with quality football played... over all 7.

cant really understand what people with low scores want.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I went so a 10 in that respect
from a football perspective i think the geneal standard has been pretty poor but after the first phase of games it did get better/more exciting! the knockout stages have seen some cracking games and good entertainment but too many teams try not to lose nowadays rather than go full out attack.
so from a footie view-6.5

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
3. Apart from Germany wiping out Argentina :drool: and Holland beating Brazil,pretty dire to be honest. World cups tend to throw up a player that grabs the limelight i/e Gazza in 1990 Or Zidane. Not this time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The ball, Rubbish refs/linesman, ITV, Star players no showing, John Terry and Horrific tackles and diving.

On the plus point SA have done a fine job at hosting it, much to the upset of the media.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The final is not helping. A SHIT end to a SHIT world cup.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think it's been really good, and a lot better than 2006. There have been plenty of memorable games and moments, and what has made it for me is the "no-show of the star names". I don't want Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo and all those that Sky wank over to be the stars. I want genuinely talented young stars who can emerge as big names. Several of the Germans and Spaniards in particular have showed just how unbelievably good they are.

agree,every f***ing pundit was moist at the prospect of the players mentioned lighting up this world cup and i like the fact that they havent.Some of the matches in the knockouts have produced decent entertainment.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I've enjoyed this world cup personally, Other than the devastation i felt at Englands pathetic performance. The highlights for me was Ghanas superb run to the quarters & the emergence of Thomas Mueller

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think it's been really good, and a lot better than 2006. There have been plenty of memorable games and moments, and what has made it for me is the "no-show of the star names". I don't want Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo and all those that Sky wank over to be the stars. I want genuinely talented young stars who can emerge as big names. Several of the Germans and Spaniards in particular have showed just how unbelievably good they are.

Agree, Muller (a midfielder), has won the golden boot and been terrific. Same as most the German midfield.

Pedro for Spain is going to be fantastic.

Ghana were brilliant as were Holland up to tonight. Schneider was awesome, defensively too.

If Ronaldo or Messi had shone, then I bet people would moan because of the boring predictable football and whinged about Ronaldo being in the spotlight.

Get the feeling some people just wanted this WC to fail because of where it was hosted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here