Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rarely Heard of Again 80's Bands

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
someone on Youtube created a little soupson of this - some mentioned on here make it into this (some shouldn't be there as simply not up to the standard we've set)

[yt]vX_PDYnDJgc[/yt]

I want candy - reminds me of a girl called Candace i quite liked :blush:

Dandyman

In London village.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The Mobiles

[yt]kTsTZSQhhqo[/yt]

Scotty Mac and Withdean Wanderer should be listening to stuff like this rather than todays 'muisc'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good stuff ROSM - I wish they'd put the names of the bands up, there were a few I don't remember. Nice to see Brighton's own David Van Dey there.

But no I think we're alone now?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Good stuff ROSM - I wish they'd put the names of the bands up, there were a few I don't remember. Nice to see Brighton's own David Van Dey there.

But no I think we're alone now?

Tiffany? - i'll leave that to The taxman.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Mobiles

[yt]kTsTZSQhhqo[/yt]

Scotty Mac and Withdean Wanderer should be listening to stuff like this rather than todays 'muisc'

I met them in Max Records once (Eastbourne), part of the group (cant remember which though) hailed from Bexhill

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How many do you want?

The Silencers
The Fixx
Seona Dancing
Silent Running
The Messengers
Naked Eyes

Just a smidge to begin with....

wasn't Seona Dancing Ricky Gervaises' first stab at fame? See it on those before they were famous progs a few times since he became a superstar.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I met them in Max Records once (Eastbourne), part of the group (cant remember which though) hailed from Bexhill

Max records... Was that on the corner just across from the station?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A flock of seagulls, I have a couple of their LP's at home (that's a "long play" 12" Album in case those born after 1990 read this)

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The Mugnificent Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Saw them down the Escape. anyone else there. Also saw Tony James in Generation X in the 70s and then Westworld who had the guitarist from Gen X and a gorgeous blond fronting them supporting Gary Glitter at the Centre. (I love threads like these) His christmas gigs at the centre were a right laugh in the 80s. If only we had known what we know now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DMUnhfOQo

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
wasn't Seona Dancing Ricky Gervaises' first stab at fame? See it on those before they were famous progs a few times since he became a superstar.

That's right..... their minor hit single was called 'More to Lose'

I was tired of thinking that our love could shine
Your thoughts of our arrangement, were really not like mine

Not The Office is it? :ohmy:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A flock of seagulls, I have a couple of their LP's at home (that's a "long play" 12" Album in case those born after 1990 read this)

If I had a photograph was crap but 'I ran' was one fot he classic early eighties tracks

How about

Joe Jackson
New Model Army
The Rifles
The Bluebells

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They may have not broken until 90's but I think the band They Might Be Giants were around in the 80's and A House were great but seem to be gone now.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Saw them down the Escape. anyone else there. Also saw Tony James in Generation X in the 70s and then Westworld who had the guitarist from Gen X and a gorgeous blond fronting them supporting Gary Glitter at the Centre. (I love threads like these) His christmas gigs at the centre were a right laugh in the 80s. If only we had known what we know now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DMUnhfOQo

Yep, I was there also saw Alien Sex Fiend down there and Dr and the Medics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here