Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raptors v Nets at the o2

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anybody elses off to the o2 tonight for this FEAST of basketball action?

LETS GO RAPTORS :banana::banana::banana:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. The Nets are the Wigan Athletic of the NBA. Crap, with no fans. The Raptors aren't much better.

A white hot atmosphere at the home of the Nets:
alg_curry.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once saw the Raptors play in Toronto. This is all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I once saw the Raptors play in Toronto. This is all.
When they first arrived in TO in 1994 or 1995 or whatever, they were massively popular, selling out every game etc.

Then MLSE (who own pretty much all the sports teams in Toronto) did their usual thing of treating their fans like shit, not investing in the team and generally seem content to watch them be an also ran (at best) while hoovering up the cash, and now nobody in Toronto really gives much of a shit about them.

The NBA have foisted two of the least popular and least talented NBA teams on London, and asked naiive Londoners to lap it up as an example of the best basketball in the world. I hope the game is shite and people walk out very pissed off at the whole experience, so that next time they feel they have to offer a proper product with proper recognisable GOOD teams.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The NBA have foisted two of the least popular and least talented NBA teams on London, and asked naiive Londoners to lap it up as an example of the best basketball in the world. I hope the game is shite and people walk out very pissed off at the whole experience, so that next time they feel they have to offer a proper product with proper recognisable GOOD teams.

while the two teams they have sent isnt ideal, its still a good opportunity to watch nba. when a league as popular as that comes to a country that very rarely gets to see it live, its going to prove to be a good draw regardless. its exactly the same as when premier league teams (even shit ones that nobody cares about) go on tour to asia and the like

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is this an actual NBA match? (Like the American football games at Wembley are real NFL games?) Or is it just a friendly? Might be worth watching if the result means something, otherwise I'd rather see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is this an actual NBA match? (Like the American football games at Wembley are real NFL games?) Or is it just a friendly? Might be worth watching if the result means something, otherwise I'd rather see the Harlem Globetrotters.

it is an actual nba fixture

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

And, quite rightly, people will lap it up - the NBA is a great spectacle, IMO.

What will make the game shite? If it's a complete blowout one way or the other? That can still happen with the very best teams.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Going tomorrow night.

Been to a few of the friendlies and they've always been a good night. Besides, the so called worst of the NBA is a million times better than Worthing Thunder LOL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And, quite rightly, people will lap it up - the NBA is a great spectacle, IMO.

What will make the game shite? If it's a complete blowout one way or the other? That can still happen with the very best teams.
No, no the entire NBA is *not* a great spectacle, any more than watching Wigan v West Brom.

What will make the game shite is a low scoring encounter with most 3 pointers failing to hit the target. Although it always amazes me to see American crowds go bonkers at the sight of a 7'6" freak jump 6 inches off the ground and slam dunk the ball into an unguarded basket and then hang on the rim for additional ATHLETIC effect. ???

I'd honestly rather watch the Celtics, Lakers or Bulls slaughter a side than watch a game between these two, because at least they'd be showing how it's done.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd honestly rather watch the Celtics, slaughter a side than watch a game between these two, because at least they'd be showing how it's done.

Disagree. No way would you get me paying to watch those BIGOT bastards.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
No, no the entire NBA is *not* a great spectacle, any more than watching Wigan v West Brom.

What will make the game shite is a low scoring encounter with most 3 pointers failing to hit the target. Although it always amazes me to see American crowds go bonkers at the sight of a 7'6" freak jump 6 inches off the ground and slam dunk the ball into an unguarded basket and then hang on the rim for additional ATHLETIC effect. ???

I'd honestly rather watch the Celtics, Lakers or Bulls slaughter a side than watch a game between these two, because at least they'd be showing how it's done.

They're not allowed to hang on the rim now :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Deron Williams plays for the Nets now.

Why wouldn't anyone go to watch the game to see one of the best PG's in the game play live?

People who'd only go watch the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls sound like typical bandwagon fans.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Going tomorrow night.

Been to a few of the friendlies and they've always been a good night. Besides, the so called worst of the NBA is a million times better than Worthing Thunder LOL.

Especially if DeRozan/Bargani and Williams/Lopez have big games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here