Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rant WTF........

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Can't people awnser a few basic fcuking questions -

Dealing with sorting out going out to a breakdown and i need to know various things etc.

Me "what car are you in"

Customer -"I'm not sure i think it's a mondeo"..... -- Surely you must know what car you have!!!!

me "Is it just yourself or have you any passengers?"

Customer "Just me ( long pause i can hear people in the background) and my wife ( another long pause ) and my 2 kids"!

Do people really need to count how many people are travelling in there car?

ME " Where abouts are you ?"

Member " On the M1 between Leeds and London!!!!!!!"

That narrows it down then i'll just get on at Leeds and spend half the day travelling to you shall i?

I could recount the rest of this but it's too much like hard work.

By this time i'm losing the will to live - How the hell do people like this get through everyday life?

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I know not everyone is einstien myself included but a bit of common sense please.

Had some idiot once who decided he would cross 8 lane sof traffic on teh M25 to get to an emergency phone only to realsie there was one on teh side he was originally opposite him..... So he crossed back over!!!!!!!!!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Who do you work for Goring Gull?

I work for a Breakdown firm as well so I feel your pain!

The thing that really gets on my tits are Northerner's always start there call "I've broken down HO HO HO HA HA" As if it's the funniest thing ever and you haven't been taking breakdown calls all f***ing day!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Always made me laugh when people got through to me at ntl to complain they were getting funny phone calls. "You wanna try working here!" I always wanted to say!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
_wilka_ said:
Who do you work for Goring Gull?

I work for a Breakdown firm as well so I feel your pain!

The thing that really gets on my tits are Northerner's always start there call "I've broken down HO HO HO HA HA" As if it's the funniest thing ever and you haven't been taking breakdown calls all f***ing day!

Britannia Rescue.

And the "Guess what? i've broken down" No Shit sherlock

When you do nights is the best - you get some right odd balls at 4 in the morning with frigging 25ft boat trailers on the M1 and will anyone go and shift the buggers!!!!!!!!

Go away i'm trying to get some kip here.....

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Always made me laugh when people got through to me at ntl to complain they were getting funny phone calls. "You wanna try working here!" I always wanted to say!

I remember my days at NTL - only time i've ever sworn on teh phone to a customer.....

Some think northerner phoned up and i was trying to diagnose what was wrong with her telly.

me "so whats happening with your picture"

Think northerner " It's all fuzzy"

mE "CAN YOU GET THE MENU ICON ON SCREEN?

TN - "It's all fuzzy"

ME " can you press the menu button on your remote please?"

TN "It's all Fuzzy"

Me " can you get your remote control and try and press the Menu button button?"

TN "It's all Fuzzy"

ME " FFS under my breath"

TN " what did you say"

phone line ..... BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Never got caught for it though.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I'm glad to know i'm in safe hands! I've got my cover with you but I work for Axa who under write loads of different breakdown covers.

I have to agree with all you said above. It's amazing how thick some people are! Thank god for the mute button on the phone so you can let off some swear words during those calls

:clap2:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
_wilka_ said:
I'm glad to know i'm in safe hands! I've got my cover with you but I work for Axa who under write loads of different breakdown covers.

I have to agree with all you said above. It's amazing how thick some people are! Thank god for the mute button on the phone so you can let off some swear words during those calls

:clap2:

As far as recovery etc goes you are in safe hands, in my opinion and to say this and work for the company i'd say we are the best. Not something i'd have said about NTL in my time there that's for sure.

If your down in Brighton we'd have Glyde or Westbourne winging there way to you pronto....

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Do you find certain people from up tut north try and give you their life story within second ie "Hello it's Mr Arbuckle of 74 Swinton Road, Bolton, Lancashire and i've broken down.... DO YOU WANT MY POLICY NUMBER????"

Whats wrong with the car..... "Well this morning I went out shopping to Sainsburys and it seemed to be running fine, and this afternoon I picked the kids up from school and it was fine......"

So what is wrong with it.....

"And its only just come out of the garage.....

So is it just not starting then?

"Yes" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
_wilka_ said:
Do you find certain people from up tut north try and give you their life story within second ie "Hello it's Mr Arbuckle of 74 Swinton Road, Bolton, Lancashire and i've broken down.... DO YOU WANT MY POLICY NUMBER????"

Whats wrong with the car..... "Well this morning I went out shopping to Sainsburys and it seemed to be running fine, and this afternoon I picked the kids up from school and it was fine......"

So what is wrong with it.....

"And its only just come out of the garage.....

So is it just not starting then?

"Yes" :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh yes...

" i'm mr smith and i've had this car for 6 years and never had a problem with it blah blah blah..... Please, Please, Please PLEASE Just tell me what the hell is wrong with it, please before you or me drop dead of old age....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here