Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rant on ATC from first time poster...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
alan alan al alan alan alan al al al al al

do people sitting in C block pay the same as the singing blocks, H and J?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OK do people sitting South Stand Center pay the same as people in H Block or J block my little cherub?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thankyou Al al ala ala lllala alalla lalalla aala alala

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't believe anything makes me "more" of a fan.
what i believe is that priority should be continuous years on your ticket and pricing band for tickets.

rather than ignoring any years before withdean, and working on seat blocks.

I'm not saying that i'm the more important i'm saying that ALL fans should be treated fairly.

Can you point me to anything in black and white that promised Gillingham season ticket holders a 1st choice seat at Falmer. I had a Gillingham season ticket and I think that this alleged promise is a figment of your imagination :shrug:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Can you point me to anything in black and white that promised Gillingham season ticket holders a 1st choice seat at Falmer. I had a Gillingham season ticket and I think that this alleged promise is a figment of your imagination :shrug:

To be fair I can't remember that either?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
At the risk of starting all this up again, although the poster did perhaps go a bit overboard on the question, he did raise a valid point which I do think needs to be answered - i.e. why the promises haven't been followed through. We were specifically told that Gillingham ST holders would be prioritised and now they haven't been. Not only that but the lower down the blocks you are the longer you have to wait. So, block C is a couple of weeks later in the pecking order than other blocks for example. There is of course no ideal solution that fits all and someone does have to be first in the presentations and therefore get first choice of seats but I can't deny its a bit galling having waited all this time to hopefully get the best seats I could that theres a big chance those seats will have gone by the time I get the chance to buy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. We were specifically told that Gillingham ST holders would be prioritised and now they haven't been. .

Can YOU point me to somewhere that the club said this then? Withdean priority I remember.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My great grandad was a founder member.

Where's my ST in the directors seats?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can YOU point me to somewhere that the club said this then? Withdean priority I remember.

I'm afraid I can't. However, I'm pretty sure I heard this said by Martin Perry in an interview some months ago, I thought he said that the club's database did recognise fans that had STs at Gillingham and this would be taken into account - if you're looking for black and white proof then no, I can't provide it. Either way, I don't want to get into finger pointing and sniping exercise with fellow fans, like everyone else I'm thrilled we have a new home and can't wait to move in but it doesn't mean we can't ask legitimate questions. I would just suggest that a fairer way to prioritise would be to to prioritise those that supported the club at Gillingham rather than the rather arbitary seating blocks at Withdean. If the club choose not to do this fair enough but it would be interesting to find out why - thats all.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would just suggest that a fairer way to prioritise would be to to prioritise those that supported the club at Gillingham rather than the rather arbitary seating blocks at Withdean. If the club choose not to do this fair enough but it would be interesting to find out why - thats all.

Out of interest, do we have any idea how many fans (approximately) fall into each category?

I think your question seems fair and reasonable, and a little less inflammatory than "When is a promise not a promise"

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Out of interest, do we have any idea how many fans (approximately) fall into each category?

I think your question seems fair and reasonable, and a little less inflammatory than "When is a promise not a promise"

Not a clue sir - just going on the 40 people per presentation, say 3 presentations a day, say 10 days of presentations before the 25th Jan, 4 tickets per ST holder (although of course many won't use their allocation) = potentially a few thousand seats could be sold before I get the chance to choose. Of course, I may be worrying about nothing, not everyone will want the same seats and I'll hopefully get something resembling my first choice. If so, I'm very happy to eat humble pie. And if this policy means 16000 STs holders at Falmer then great - thats the aim but it won't take away the slightly bitter taste if I, say for example, have to sit in Block C close to the goal line at Falmer rather than Block D towards the half way line just because I happen to sit in Block C at Withdean. Not the end of the world but mildly irritating.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I personally know people who have a date ahead of me and have been a season ticket holder for less time.
but are ahead of me in the queue because they sit in a block closer to the half way line (according to the club)

Can I ask how long have you been paying the full adult price for your tickets since your first ticket at Gillingham.
You make the point that the priority should be also based on price of previous tickets and you are upset you only got K block in the North Stand at Withdean.
I would suggest to you that my season tickets at Gillingham cost more than your childs ticket at Gillingham. So I could have used the same argument in why I didn't get the North Stand in front of you, when we returned to Withdean? I just accepted that there were far more deserving fans than myself and accepted the best seats offered to me at Withdean. The fact that you are moaning about the treatment then and now does suggest to me that you are a young man who has had everything go your way and don't like it when it doesn't. Sorry

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
thanks to Deadly Danson for seeing through my brashness and seeing the point i was trying to make. maybe i have gone about it in an aggressive way, but the lies i have heard from the from the Albion are starting to wear thin.

fosters headband:- at the time of tickets from Gillingham, their was my ticket (a child) my dad (full price) and my uncle (also full price)
since leaving Gillingham and playing at Withdean (unfortunatly in the Div 3 Championship season) my Uncle passed away, and my dad's uncle took up the ticket (OAP concession)

I am not in any way, shape or form saying i'm the only person who seems to have been shafted. i'm standing up and voicing my opinion to the football club to show that i am personally unhappy with the way some fans have been treated. this may be me, you or anyone else either on this forum or otherwise.

If i were the person reading this, i would not read it like someone moaning, i would read it and think about my own situation, how the club has also done me wrong. Prehaps all of us fans should be united, and maybe for once our opinions will be heard.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shouldn't younger fans get more priority? I mean, a 20 year old wit 10 years at withdean will have spent half their life following the club at the dump of a ground, whereas a 40 year old only spent one quarter of their life there. Surely someone who spent half their life at withdean deserves recognition?!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
thanks to Deadly Danson for seeing through my brashness and seeing the point i was trying to make. maybe i have gone about it in an aggressive way, but the lies i have heard from the from the Albion are starting to wear thin.

fosters headband:- at the time of tickets from Gillingham, their was my ticket (a child) my dad (full price) and my uncle (also full price)
since leaving Gillingham and playing at Withdean (unfortunatly in the Div 3 Championship season) my Uncle passed away, and my dad's uncle took up the ticket (OAP concession)

I am not in any way, shape or form saying i'm the only person who seems to have been shafted. i'm standing up and voicing my opinion to the football club to show that i am personally unhappy with the way some fans have been treated. this may be me, you or anyone else either on this forum or otherwise.

If i were the person reading this, i would not read it like someone moaning, i would read it and think about my own situation, how the club has also done me wrong. Prehaps all of us fans should be united, and maybe for once our opinions will be heard.

From that I would say only your father has a very early priority one presentation then, am I correct.

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
I am taking your response not to be sarcatic, and giving a valid answer.

No, you are incorrect.
NONE of our tickets has an early priority.
All were given the same date of end of January
the reason, we sit in block K but are priority 1.
since block K is almost the furthest block from the halfway line, we are the last. my dad asked if we had of sat in the center over the other (uncovered) side would we have been earlier? the reply from the ticket office...YES.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am taking your response not to be sarcatic, and giving a valid answer.

No, you are incorrect.
NONE of our tickets has an early priority.
All were given the same date of end of January
the reason, we sit in block K but are priority 1.
since block K is almost the furthest block from the halfway line, we are the last. my dad asked if we had of sat in the center over the other (uncovered) side would we have been earlier? the reply from the ticket office...YES.

I can assure you I am not being sarcastic and I do feel something is wrong from his presentation date.
Did he ring up giving his fan number or you giving your number?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here