Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rant on ATC from first time poster...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I hope that all those who are so quick and so loud in moaning about how poorly they are being treated BEFORE they see what will be on offer will be as quick and as vociferous to say they were wrong when they find there are enough good quality seats to meet their needs. I think this "good fan/bad fan" divide being created by those who have a recognised priority against every other supporter of the club is frankly shameful. Hang your heads.

Couldn't have put it better.

There's going to be alot of thread bouncing in about April/May to see if this doomsday scenario of every P1 STH finding 3 people who have never been to withdean and taking all the best seats.

timbha, CJD, thpp and jbizzle to name afew are going to feel very silly when thay realise they've made such a fuss about nothing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If only they hadn't blown all that good stuff by allowing large numbers of JCLs to queue jump.

That's right, there are thousands of people wandering around Sussex in the middle of the biggest recession in two generations with £400 to spunk on a ST for a club to which they have no association or affiliation.

Large numbers my ARSE.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Many thanks to all who have contributed on this thread....different points of view....and at times a sensible debate.

Special mention of thanks to the court jester from Manchester..........as so often.....pointless and inane.....but has provided moments of light relief.

Cheers sweetie.

I will send you a wave from Gigg Lane on Wednesday, unless of course I have been beaten to death by the hordes of thugs that follow that category C team from Division 8, which reminds me of another binfest from NSC that proved to be without foundation.

Whatever next, not selling out our allocation at a play-off final after hissy fits about JCL's and claims on NSC that all the tickets had gone, that would NEVER happen................or would it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could we agree then, that prices differ on the whole (1901 Club excepted, due to extra facilities that are included) because some areas are perceived as better viewing areas than others....?

I don't agree with that. I think it is more than just the view. Just because all the seats are padded and all have more leg room than withdean, it doesn't necessarily follow that all seats are equally comfortable, and that each has equal leg room. The north stand could have 36 inches leg room, and the west stand could have 48 inches leg room. I don't know the exact measures, this may not be the case, but I don't want to make an assumption.

But it's like that Kevin Spacey advert, there is no "best seat", it is about what you want from it.

Some are more expensive, I imagine because of more than just the view, there is a sense of clientèle that is being sought, i.e. the family section is set out in one price range to get all the families together, the cheap seats are in a particular area to keep the foul mouthed ruffians together, the more expensive seats are together to allow people of a higher class to keep separate from the hoodlums.

Are the facilities the same in every area? Access? (i.e. is one stand located closer to a bar/restaurant, is one closer the train station etc.

Why is there an assumption that people who buy their tickets first are going to buy the seat you (not specifically you, but whoever) were after? Presumably, a lot of people in block A are happy with that sort of view, so may well pick similar seats at Falmer? People in block H may want a singing section and so will group together eiter in the north stand for posterity, or somewhere else, but where the importance the atmosphere, not the view. The seats you see as desirable may not be the same as others. There are people who want central on the side of the pitch, others prefer off-central, other still prefer behind the goal. Some may prefer to be toward the front, close to the action, others toward the back.

They're building us probably the best and most state-of-the-art modern and innovative stadium outside of the Premier League, they're providing padded seats for every fan along with masses of legroom, they're keeping prices down to a reasonable level, they've given a 12 month interest-free option to everyone to help with costs, they've given priority to loyal STH's giving them the opportunity to sit with friends and family, they've organised face-to-face presentations to everyone who wants one where all questions will be answered.

The fuckers.

They should be done for human rights violations, I'm sure the european courts would support us.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Couldn't have put it better.

There's going to be alot of thread bouncing in about April/May to see if this doomsday scenario of every P1 STH finding 3 people who have never been to withdean and taking all the best seats.

timbha, CJD, thpp and jbizzle to name afew are going to feel very silly when thay realise they've made such a fuss about nothing

don't you just love it when someone is losing a debate and all they've got left to say is "just wait and see". Surely it's better to have the debate now, Can't you see this is all about principles and fairness.

Justifying the +3s ahead of 9Y STH is like agreeing with banks offering new customers a better savings rate than long standing savers.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
don't you just love it when someone is losing a debate and all they've got left to say is "just wait and see". Surely it's better to have the debate now, Can't you see this is all about principles and fairness.

Justifying the +3s ahead of 9Y STH is like agreeing with banks offering new customers a better savings rate than long standing savers.

I concur.

Seems to have been a reasoned debate and airing of views by most.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I have rarely if ever been this incensed with the club. Sure, I get why they are doing the 'Big Sell' but I've sat in Withdean for years in awful weather watching awful football for what? To be utterly shafted by the club that I love, that's what. American Express Community Stadium, my arse. More like American Express Corporate Stadium.

When I eventually get to pick my ticket after those who have Priority 1 (deservedly so for sticking it out at Withdean for 10 years) and all of those classless gits who snaffle all of the 'friends' tickets from people they don't know, I am genuinely questioning buying a £500 ticket for the leftovers. I don't want to sit in the places nobody else wants to sit.

I love the Albion and I have pretty much supported them since birth (its been in my family since about 1910) and its been such a trial getting this far to finally get this magnificent stadium that I feel utterly cheated to be marginalised by the club. Because of my age and going to Uni, I wasn't able to buy a season ticket until 4 years ago but the moment I could afford one, I got one.

Don't get me wrong, its not entitlement I'm feeling. I don't think I deserve it above the Priority 1's, I think that people who earned their Priority 1 fully deserve it. Its the poxy 3 'friends' that gets me. Lets be honest, if there are, say 700 Priority 1's, thats a further 2,100 'friends' getting better seats than me and how many of them have sat in the pouring rain watching us draw 0-0 with Leyton Orient on Boxing Day? How many of them sat through Micky make mistake after mistake in his second coming and watching us lose 1-0 to Walsall AFTER they went down to 9 men? (That's just a few).

I can't even bare looking at the Argus at the moment and I am very glad there is a break between games because this whole thing has made me sick.

Anyway, rant over for now.

What a complete load of nonsense, if it bothers you that much then why not apply with a mate who has a season ticket? or do you not have any? wouldnt surprise me reading your comments.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's right, there are thousands of people wandering around Sussex in the middle of the biggest recession in two generations with £400 to spunk on a ST for a club to which they have no association or affiliation.

The club patently think there are. How else to explain this PR disaster?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Losing the debate :lolol:

I'm not debating anything, there's nothing to deabate because the decision has been made and won't be reversed. I've made my opinion known and it isn't going to change.

I'm certain that your moaning, panicking and small club attitude is without foundation, because you will get a seat wherever you want or at the very least very close to it. It doesn't matter about the principle because the reality is that you won't lose out on anything.

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up and admit it, I hope you'll do the same.

Feb 14, 2010
I raised this a few weeks ago and was by a few accused me of "causing trouble". The 700 or 800 or so Gillingham season ticket holders should have been looked after first and at he same time as with the 1901 club. It would have been easy to do but clearly not thought about. More than a bit remiss but mistakes happen, its what is done about mistakes is what is important. I think they have made STH with 9 years behind them a priority after the 1901 which I think is an indication they now understand they a made a mistake with the 700 being behind the 1901. However its done and they have at least put the 700 or so ahead of the other STH's.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Quote:

Losing the debate

I'm not debating anything, there's nothing to deabate because the decision has been made and won't be reversed. I've made my opinion known and it isn't going to change.

I'm certain that your moaning, panicking and small club attitude is without foundation, because you will get a seat wherever you want or at the very least very close to it. It doesn't matter about the principle because the reality is that you won't lose out on anything.

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up and admit it, I hope you'll do the same.

have i missed the point of NSC?

moaning - guilty
panicking - not guilty
small club attitude - explain
without foundation - not guilty
won't be reversed - doesn't make it right
principles - depends what sort of person you are
right or wrong - we'll have to agree to disagree

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What a complete load of nonsense, if it bothers you that much then why not apply with a mate who has a season ticket? or do you not have any? wouldnt surprise me reading your comments.

My point is, why should I have to? The fact is, and I assume every one of you has been to the Emirates (another stadium with "no bad views"). Trust, me, there are. Sure I may be overstating it a bit but my feeling will not change because a bunch of people disagree. And so what if I only view it from my point of view? It does affect me and its my opinion and my view. If you disagree, fine, but making personal insults such as this are needless. You'll fit in well on here.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
My point is, why should I have to? The fact is, and I assume every one of you has been to the Emirates (another stadium with "no bad views"). Trust, me, there are. Sure I may be overstating it a bit but my feeling will not change because a bunch of people disagree. And so what if I only view it from my point of view? It does affect me and its my opinion and my view. If you disagree, fine, but making personal insults such as this are needless. You'll fit in well on here.

you sound like s spoilt brat, grow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here