Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rangers v Brighton

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
For all his abilities and skills Bissouma still has the odd red card deep down in his psyche. I'm sure he'll grow out of that but it might - just might - make a top six club have second thoughts, at least for the time being.

Good news for us, let him stay with us for another season (or two) and get rid of that (very minor) potential problem. Then he will be one hell of a player.

I agree, he could just mark himself out of a good move and us out of a very decent fee !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
For me it was an enjoyable watch as it featured my two teams.

Thought it was an OK game some good football with not too many highlights and, as above, neither team lost. :)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Liked the look of Ayo Tanimowo at RWB second half.

Thought Antef Tsoungui looked composed, tidy and had a presence on the pitch at left back /LWB, although he did fade after 25 min.

Good to see Andone on the pitch if not getting an effort off being a presence up front; Connolly also played.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Need a striker. Cannot understand if we don’t get one with the white money. Probably need a right back too and a left back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very little non-loan transfer business has been done in the EPL, so far, phoney war time. No doubt this will change.

Plus we haven’t banked the White money.

The neat and tidy window (for us fans) of everyone being bought in May and June, in the real world never happens.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A good run out for the lads.

Exactly this, it was a training exercise, a chance for the lads to work on their match fitness and try out a few new routines from the training ground.

The result, and even the performances are meaninglass at this stage! so l have no idea why people are targetting individuals at all.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Need a striker. Cannot understand if we don’t get one with the white money. Probably need a right back too and a left back.

Very easy to understand. Other clubs now know pretty accurately how much we're getting for White. If they have a striker we're remotely interested in, they will add another £10M on to the price tag. Tony won't pay. We've got the best squad we've ever had; we'll be OK. Really looking forward to this season.

Next question?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Very easy to understand. Other clubs now know pretty accurately how much we're getting for White. If they have a striker we're remotely interested in, they will add another £10M on to the price tag. Tony won't pay. We've got the best squad we've ever had; we'll be OK. Really looking forward to this season.

Next question?

This totally!

What a time to be an Albion fan.I too am looking forward to next season.We will be ok and i think we may surprise a few people

Bring it on!!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do enjoy how optimistic people are pre season, Facts are we struggled because we had no LB/LWB no RWB, Lacked a striker and as Lalana didnt play much lacked an attacking midfielder Apart from new midfielder things have not changed especially hearing Lampty unlikely to start season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently, according to the Glasgow press, Rangers were playing a 'middle of the road' Premier League club.
Is that good or condescending crap.
I think I am happy with it but maybe The Argus should say that we played a good side in a really shitty league.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Apparently, according to the Glasgow press, Rangers were playing a 'middle of the road' Premier League club.
Is that good or condescending crap.
I think I am happy with it but maybe The Argus should say that we played a good side in a really shitty league.

If we’re now seen as a middle the road Prem side we should be delighted. Until now would have always described us as Prem strugglers.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Benchmarking to say September 2017, genuinely, we have a fantastic squad with top flight quality throughout and strength in depth. To think, a bunch of first teamers didn’t even feature today.

Assuming White’s off, hopefully we’ll add some recruits in this transfer window - LWB, striker and DM, to improve us even more.

Then to convert all that into better results at the 5th time of asking!

Really?? I thought we were a bit overloaded in that area already.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It would have been nice to see the strikers absolutely tearing it up.
But obviously that would be asking too much.

Connolly looked the best of the bunch, on that outing.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the pre-season progresses.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What are supporters view on Khadra? I am hoping & expecting him to be a big player this season. With Mwepu & Biss, if he stays we have three exciting big players in our team. For some reason I have a feeling Khadra may be the best.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Khadra looked pretty decent , I thought he looked like he'd have preferred a more central role , looks very direct , early days but certainly worthy of a place in the squad now Ali has departed .

I was impressed with Duffy in the first half , the man's a ball magnet , lots to work with for Potter and loving Smiler Enoch , looks another good acquisition.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What are supporters view on Khadra? I am hoping & expecting him to be a big player this season. With Mwepu & Biss, if he stays we have three exciting big players in our team. For some reason I have a feeling Khadra may be the best.

I think we need someone as back-up/competition to Trossard in the front line. It’s this guy or Tau for me as our new target winger, Mitoma, will need a season in Belgium before he is eligible to play for us.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Khadra and I believe Potter has too.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

Khadra looks like a good prospect. I don't think RW is his best position though, would have liked to have seen him play LW where he can cut inside, or in a AMC role yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here