Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random questions from the pub

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Normal bees.

Again all you'd be wearing is boxers/pants, no goggles or anything.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Would you rather have your entire body covered in bees for one minute or dive into a vat of poo?

im elergic to bees, but that wouldnt have a bearing on my decision in any case

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
McShane79 said:
Was just out at lunch and over a couple of pints, the question came up why is Coke called Charlie? We were stumped - does anyone know?

Feel free to post any other random questions!!

coke = charlie = phonetical alphabet for the letter 'C' :smokin:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
McShane79 said:
Was just out at lunch and over a couple of pints, the question came up why is Coke called Charlie? We were stumped - does anyone know?

Feel free to post any other random questions!!

Why is Cocaine known as Charlie?

All drugs have nicknames. They are useful for two reasons, one is that they make the user of the nickname seem 'cool' (also a major reason for doing drugs such as cocaine in the first place), and second, it masks the drug habits of a user. A cocaine user may be speaking of 'charlie' and how would an everyday Joe know that he wasn't referring to a person named Charlie?

How these nicknames come to be are usually pretty obvious, one nickname for cocaine is snow, if you've ever seen cocaine (probably on TV), you'll know it's white and looks like snow. No one said the people that came up with the nicknames were brilliant.

Charlie is a little more imaginative than snow, but not by much. Charlie is the code word for international communications, or for anyone with a crappy phone. When giving a word or string of letters to someone over radio or phone, in order to make sure they are hearing the correct letter (some sound an awful lot the same like 'B' and 'E') people will use code wards. Charlie is the code word for the letter C.

Since charlie is a code word for the letter C, and drugs have nicknames that are used as codes, it was only a matter of time till cocaine was nicknamed charlie.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Silent Bob said:
Normal bees.

Again all you'd be wearing is boxers/pants, no goggles or anything.

I think I'd have to go for the bees. I reckon if you were careful and kept quite still they wouldn't sting you, and there wouldn't be the possibility of getting someones turds in your mouth.

Re: Re: Random questions from the pub

SurreySeagulls said:

All drugs have nicknames. They are useful for two reasons, one is that they make the user of the nickname seem 'cool' (also a major reason for doing drugs such as cocaine in the first place), and second, it masks the drug habits of a user. A cocaine user may be speaking of 'charlie' and how would an everyday Joe know that he wasn't referring to a person named Charlie?

How these nicknames come to be are usually pretty obvious, one nickname for cocaine is snow, if you've ever seen cocaine (probably on TV), you'll know it's white and looks like snow. No one said the people that came up with the nicknames were brilliant.

Charlie is a little more imaginative than snow, but not by much. Charlie is the code word for international communications, or for anyone with a crappy phone. When giving a word or string of letters to someone over radio or phone, in order to make sure they are hearing the correct letter (some sound an awful lot the same like 'B' and 'E') people will use code wards. Charlie is the code word for the letter C.

Since charlie is a code word for the letter C, and drugs have nicknames that are used as codes, it was only a matter of time till cocaine was nicknamed charlie.

Didn't hampden just say that in one line?
(Pun intended)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Grendel said:
and there wouldn't be the possibility of getting someones turds in your mouth.

i find that concept quite arousing

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Grendel said:
I think I'd have to go for the bees. I reckon if you were careful and kept quite still they wouldn't sting you, and there wouldn't be the possibility of getting someones turds in your mouth.
I agree. Just close your eyes and hold your breath, keep as still as possible for a minute and you'll be fine.
I'm surprised how many people opt for the poo to be honest.

Have you seen Saw II? That scene with the tub of used syringes would be worse than poo or bees I reckon.

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Random questions from the pub

Lokki 7 said:
Didn't hampden just say that in one line?
(Pun intended)

you've made him feel a right charlie now :jester:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing

QUOTE]Originally posted by hampden park
coke = charlie = phonetical alphabet for the letter 'C' :smokin: [/QUOTE]

SurreySeagulls said:

Ta guys - we thought there might be some rhyming slang type jobbie, but it's not!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Random questions from the pub

McShane79 said:
QUOTE]Originally posted by hampden park
coke = charlie = phonetical alphabet for the letter 'C' :smokin:

Ta guys - we thought there might be some rhyming slang type jobbie, but it's not!
[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

SurreySeagulls said:

How come Cannabis isn't called Charlie then? Is Heroin called Hotel?!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lokki 7 said:
Have you seen Saw II? That scene with the tub of used syringes would be worse than poo or bees I reckon.
I couldn't watch that bit. It made my willy go funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here