Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rana

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Rana Naved signs for Yorkshire on 2-year deal.

Was bound to happen.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
at least we'll see him once next year and the Yorkies might put up more of a fight...

pleased for him to get a decent club and confirms what we all think about how good he is...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I expect Younis has a distant German relative

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Rana Naved signs for Yorkshire on 2-year deal.

Was bound to happen.

They have a get out clause on the contract though, depending on wether his shoulder injury heals correctly !!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shame they don't do it to football too.

They did once, and the football clubs challenged it succesfully in court. Something to do with EU Labour laws.

I think 'overseas' in cricket means a player eligible to play for another Test-playing country, thereby getting round the EU laws on account of the fact that England is the only Test-playing country in the EU.

Something like that.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think 'overseas' in cricket means a player eligible to play for another Test-playing country, thereby getting round the EU laws on account of the fact that England is the only Test-playing country in the EU.

Something like that.

thank god holland aren't a test playing nation then - otherwise we would have been deprived of bas ZUIDERENT

does that mean then that you could get a player from canada, and they wouldn't be classed as overseas as they dont play test cricket?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
thank god holland aren't a test playing nation then - otherwise we would have been deprived of bas ZUIDERENT

does that mean then that you could get a player from canada, and they wouldn't be classed as overseas as they dont play test cricket?

If Holland were a test nation there players could play here without being classed as overseas players as they are in the EU.

Coupled with the Kolpak players, you will see Aussie looking for at their potential European past so they can get a European passport to play over here. Di Venuto is in the process of applying for an Italian passport.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They did once, and the football clubs challenged it succesfully in court. Something to do with EU Labour laws.

If my memory serves me well was it not that you couldnt have more than 3 players in the team not eligible to play for the country that the team was based in and it brought in problems with Scots and Welsh etc.

I wonder if they could bring in the same but change it to no more than 3 from outside of the EU that would conform to EU Labour legislation.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Would like to know ? Just how good he will be,remember double break to collar bone ? Even if the non-delivery arm, he still needs to be 100% fit and have the bowling balance/action. :albion2:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So we need at least a new quality opening batsman and bowler (assuming Kirtley isn't picked and given his first class record this year it doesn't look promising). Also is the potential second spinner up to it?

How about playing Prior purely as a opening batsman and keeping Hodd as the 'keeper, assuming Prior looses his England place after all the grief he has received recently? Or playing Goodwin as opener?

No idea about the bowling as the second string v Worcs didn't really impress.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Good call Cheshire, I am not convinced M/P will keep for Eng next season ? Maybe Tim Ambrose ? (but he needs first division cricket) Just wonder can we poach Graham Onions from Durham ? :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here