Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramp-up events at Falmer - First game CONFIRMED

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Should imagine the Sussex FA have already tied up the final venue with Eastbourne Borough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Have heard through a steward that last ramp up event is 17k on 30th July against a well known team who the club are 90% sure at the moment of having as opponents for this game

Man City offered their services, it was in the prorgamme of our League Cup game, but that offer might have been rescinded once we embarrassed them off the pitch.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have heard through a steward that last ramp up event is 17k on 30th July...

That makes sense. What I heard about the concert was "in August", which didn't make sense. But a big gig of local bands in early summer would be great.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Richard Morris has tweeted that the Sussex Senior Cup final will be the first game at the Amex. 10,000 capacity

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im definately saving myself for the 1st league game, even if Barca send a full strength squad for a pre season game !

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I might be being stupid here, but I would prefer that there were no concerts at the Amex in case they wreck the pitch or worse, some drugged up crusty f*cks my seat up!

I have heard from someone (a fan) that we will not be holding any concerts in the first year to protect the pitch, that said that they were told this by someone from the club (can't remember if it was said to them at their presentation)

Don't know how true this is though

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Richard Morris has tweeted that the Sussex Senior Cup final will be the first game at the Amex. 10,000 capacity

Hmmmm I'm dubious about that, will ask someone I know on the SCFA council.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I want the New York Cosmos Pele et al

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
As I understand it, there are either 2 or 3 ramp-up events.

One on 16th July (14,000?), then the main (and last) one a fortnight later on 30th July (17,000) against prestige opposition (TB previously stated he wants Arsenal / ManUre / Chelski, with Mancashter Sheikhy less likely now).

Whether we might now 'go international' with the Brighton of Spain (Barca) :wink: or Ajax (Dutch flavour as will certainly be Michel's testimonial match also) remains to be seen, but TB is definately looking at that calibre of opposition :drool:

Much as I would like to 'save myself' for that special lady in the blue hat until our special day, I will almost certainly be unable to resist her charms with a hot summer session in July!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I have deliberately filled my diary now for weekends prior to the 6th Aug so I wont succumb to attending any events prior to THE MAIN EVENT!

I have waited long enough for this.

My first event will be the big K.O.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'll be in Amsterdam on the 30th for Sussex v Holland, so my first one will be August 6th

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
have thought about the ramp up events, but i will resist and wait until 6th Aug, i dont want to be in a half filled stadium, would prefer a sell out with a cracking atmosphere, bring it on

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have heard from someone (a fan) that we will not be holding any concerts in the first year to protect the pitch, that said that they were told this by someone from the club (can't remember if it was said to them at their presentation)

Don't know how true this is though

I can assure you that this in not the case.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I might, or maybe i won't but i will probably ........

It's a bloody lovely predicament :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here