Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rain

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I can't believe anyone would have put the heating on yet :lol:

It's been wet, yes, and with a few darker evenings, granted, but it's still been around 18C most days.

Not aware of anyone putting the heating on but I'm wearing a vest, shirt and light jumper whereas even on an average summers day it would just be a tea shirt. I reckon here just north of London it's about 14C.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Rented a cottage in the Isle of Wight from Friday last week through to tomorrow. Came home on Monday!

Managed a day and a half of activities and then rain and more rain like I've never seen before! Not much to do indoors on the island so cut our losses and came home.

Just back from a mini trip to London for a few days to do the museums, m&m world etc for the kids and shopping for the lady to make up for it.

Its got to be one of the wettest August's on record.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I drove 300 miles today. It rained for every last one of them. Not fun.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK, I have checked the met office and I was correct for June not so good for July. June had 288 hours of sun, which seems pretty good to me and 19° with only 19.9mm total rain. July had 225 hours of sun with an average of 20° but 65mm of rain! 225 hours of sun in July was similar to last year but not as good as 2013. 288 hours in June is the best since 1999! June and July in 2012 had twice as much rain than this year.
Met office.co.uk/pub/data/weather/UK/climate/station data/eastbournedata.txt

Eastbourne is the closest weather station with stats.

When people complain about rain, it's always exaggerated. It often rains in August following a good June and July. I've heard complaints that the summer had been good until the kids break up from school, and that complaint seems to happen every year.
There's been a couple of heavy showers this morning in BN9, but the sun is glorious now.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You lot are a load of POOFS.

It's summer and I've had my shorts on for all but about two days (cos I had to go in the office).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here