Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rain at football!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I remember a Millwall game at Withdean in which we got very wet!! In fact I was so sodden that my return travel voucher disintegrated in my back pocket before the end of the match!!!!!!!

I had flown back for Chrismas/NewYear and my sons got me a ticket for that game as a present.

I think we were one up at half time and in the 2nd half they scored twice and just to put the icing on the cake, it absolutely pissed down . Was it 31st Dec? Happy New Year!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
No, the REALLY wet Millwall game was when we thrashed them 4-1. I have an elderly neighbour who is a Millwall game so he was really pleased to have a 'home' game but I felt so sorry for him, soaked to the skin.

We tend to do well in the rain. Another memorable game was a 1-0 win at Barnet when our Nigerian star played.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
swindon again,but away losing 4 zip but game abandoned circa78

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah, yes. I was confusing it with the Milwall game when we conceded twice at the start of the second half and then got hit by a sleet storm.

The other Milwall match was when everyone was walking around like John Wayne, due to the dampness of their trousers.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Good to meet you guys last night:bigwave: even if you were a bit damp:rolleyes:

how rude rev!!
yeh i dragged highway to the highway - didnt want him catching a cold on his bday!
after the chat re rochdale.. i do recall a match that was even worse. away at bournemouth hmm.. poss jan 2007.. had front row seats.. brill until the heavens opened and the wind changed direction... wet through to my undercrackers before half time... i left! we lost.. was it all my fault?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I remember a game against Man City at the Goldstone in '81 when the rain was monsoon-like. It was when the North Stand was without a roof and I was as drenched as I ever subsequently got at Withers.

We were younger then and did not feel the cold

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
swindon again,but away losing 4 zip but game abandoned circa78

That was down to snow or ice I think not rain. I remember my Dad listening to the updates on Radio Brighton as it was then & going wild with delight when the news came through that they had abandoned the game! Can't remember if we won the re-arranged game or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here