Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail cost from London to Brighton

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Ah so they're fleecing the Pride supporters instead. The problem with my travel is that I need to begin my journey at Clapham Junction, not one of the London Terminals. I have an oyster card to zone 4, so naturally no need to travel into town, to come back out. What I've done now, for anyone who is remotely interested :p, is travel from East Croydon to Brighton, that way it only costs £9.90 instead of £24!!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ah so they're fleecing the Pride supporters instead. The problem with my travel is that I need to begin my journey at Clapham Junction, not one of the London Terminals. I have an oyster card to zone 4, so naturally no need to travel into town, to come back out. What I've done now, for anyone who is remotely interested :p, is travel from East Croydon to Brighton, that way it only costs £9.90 instead of £24!!!

I don't think this stops you from buying from London Bridge but getting on at Clapham with your Oyster. I use New Cross Gate but always buy from London Bridge as it is cheaper.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If London to Brighton has got you that angry, then I suggest you never travel to Southampton from London. You really will see a fleecing then.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you have to travel early morning, the prices are crazy - had to buy my wife and 10 year-old son returns from Canterbury to London with a travelcard as well and it cost over £100. The incentive to just go by car is huge...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Worth shelling out for a Network Railcard. It's 28 quid for a year and you get a third off every fare at weekends (at all times) and after 10am in the week if your train tickets exceed a tenner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here