Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I haven't been his biggest fan but...

he's been our best player by far in this tournament. Seems to come over as a decent person as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pep didn’t seem to play him much last season, but he’s done fairly well in the game.
[emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he hasn’t been on the greatest form this season, but I’m talking about people who go ludicrously far in the negative direction when talking about him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, he hasn’t been on the greatest form this season, but I’m talking about people who go ludicrously far in the negative direction when talking about him.

I know, personally I thought he was lucky to be starting at the beginning of the tournament, but surely there can be no denial that he has been outstanding.

Same with a number Luke Shaw, Phillips, Pickford, Maguire, Stones......

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know, personally I thought he was lucky to be starting at the beginning of the tournament, but surely there can be no denial that he has been outstanding.

Same with a number Luke Shaw, Phillips, Pickford, Maguire, Stones......

This.

It was a form thing for me, he was pretty anonymous in the Champions League Final.

Foden and Grealish were the two big players for me coming into this tournament. I had a three of them and Mount behind Kane.

But Southgate knows that form is temporary and class is permanent. He has backed Sterling and Kane and is now getting huge dividends on his loyalty investments. That is why he is the second best England manager of all time.

It is bizarre that if Ukraine had held us to a draw to 70mins or even taken an unlikely lead, Foden & Grealish would have been unleashed to change the game. What a horrific thought for the Danes that they’ll get those two subbed on if they play well!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
20240818_193803.jpg

All not well with Sterling and Chelsea. His camp are fuming he was left out of today's squad.

Would absolutely love him here but think his £350k per week wages will be a sticking point for us and most other clubs.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He quit trying at some point in the last year for City. Saturated, both with titles and money I suppose.

Buying him (and pretending he's some sort of leader and role model) was arguably the biggest mistake they've done on the transfer market in the last five years, which says A LOT.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a surprise Chelsea’s 7 year £350k contracts are proving to be a problem as nobody else will pay the stupid money and guess what players are more that happy to sit them out and pick up the cash. Who could have ever seen this coming
FWIW I thought their average wages was suggested to be a lot less. I think Cole Palmer is a ‘top earner’ at around £150k.

Sterling could be on that of course because he was a very early signing

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
FWIW I thought their average wages was suggested to be a lot less. I think Cole Palmer is a ‘top earner’ at around £150k.

Sterling could be on that of course because he was a very early signing
Nah - lukaku and Sterling are rumoured £325k a week
Another they want rid of Chilwell is 200k

The longer term 8 year ones are less but long

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nah - lukaku and Sterling are rumoured £325k a week
Another they want rid of Chilwell is 200k

The longer term 8 year ones are less but long
Yeah I meant the long term ones

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Neto and Mudryk, not gonna get a look in

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Does it speak ill or a serious flaw in my character to get utter joy from reading about the travails and issues at Chelsea and statements like this bring a genuine smile to my face ? :
Fans who are treated as an inconvenience, academy products flogged off to make an accounting trick work, a squad so big they need a network of clubs just to accommodate them. Clearlake and Boehly promised to be disruptive; the result appears a broken club in desperate search for a soul.

Ah fcuk it. I don't care. I love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here