Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rage Against the X Factor

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The mission is accomplished and the group having made loads of money now sets out on a campaign to cash in further.

No disputing your points but didnt the profits of the xmas no 1 go to charity.

You cannot put a figure on the publicity value though

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
No disputing your points but didnt the profits of the xmas no 1 go to charity.

You cannot put a figure on the publicity value though

Yes they went to Shelter ..

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
1. Ever heard of loss leaders
2. X factor pushed all its songs to massive sales figures. Are you claiming that's a true measure of musical brilliance.

This band is just a fad, used to exploit the vulnerable.

Rage Against The Machine were massive before this whole X Factor thing happened. The amount of people that went to see them at Leeds/Reading Festival in 2008 is obvious evidence of this.

Plus the proceeds from the Christmas number 1 went to charity. Plus they are staging a free gig when they could probably still sell out the same sized venue with standardly priced tickets.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well I'm certainly a real fan, seen them god knows how many times in 3 different countries. But then it wouldn't matter if I'd never even heard of them in reality!

Looks like I did eventually get one, although it took 2 hours which has cost my employer a load more than the price of a ticket would have done.

However had I not got a ticket I would have just put it down to the supply outstripping the demand and it being one of those things. I would have no doubt got a ticket from somewhere had I have been that bothered about going.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Rage Against The Machine were massive before this whole X Factor thing happened. The amount of people that went to see them at Leeds/Reading Festival in 2008 is obvious evidence of this.

Plus the proceeds from the Christmas number 1 went to charity. Plus they are staging a free gig when they could probably still sell out the same sized venue with standardly priced tickets.

Reading 96 was their stand out show for me though The evil empire tour in which they played the Brixton Academy if my memory serves me was pretty good as well. The Battle For LA tour which was at the Wembley Area was utter shit IMHO and why I'm not bothered about this

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Reading 96 was their stand out show for me though The evil empire tour in which they played the Brixton Academy if my memory serves me was pretty good as well. The Battle For LA tour which was at the Wembley Area was utter shit IMHO and why I'm not bothered about this

96 RATM at Reading was awesome! I was there too. No bandwagon jumping here. Roll on June 6th! :clap2:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Here is how I see it.

Few people wanted to see X Factor top the Xmas chart again, so some bright advertising bloke plucks a third rate band from obscurity and starts an Internet campaign.

As a protest vote loads of people buy the single, most of which will never play it again.

The mission is accomplished and the group having made loads of money now sets out on a campaign to cash in further. Create an apparent shortage of tickets, whip up a frenzy around the bandwagon that is now in motion and mugs will scramble for tickets.

This makes X Factor marketing look second rate.

Read anything about RATM and their values, campaigns and you will realise that is not what they are about at all!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Yeah their performance at Reading 96 remians one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Awesome back then. Not sure i want to ruin the memory of how good they were with this new one.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Yeah their performance at Reading 96 remians one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Awesome back then. Not sure i want to ruin the memory of how good they were with this new one.

Didn't get a ticket then? :wink:
I just got the confirmation email too :clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here