Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I was reading about the Rafa Benitez situation and how he is being treated by Chelsea fans. In my opinion it's appalling, no matter what the history is you should never boo your own team, we are called supporters for a reason and you should get behind your team even if you don't like a certain player or like the managers style, by all means have a whinge to your mates or on here but not during the actually game!
Anyway it got me thinking, when Gus eventually leaves and TB and PB employ a new manager and it happens to be (for arguments sake) Ian Holloway or Dougie Freedman, how many of you would boo until he left? Admittedly I wouldn't want either of these a managers but I couldn't imagine ever booing the Albion based on who the manager is!!!!

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
Employing Rafa was always never goping to work, any fool could see that (aside from Roman it would seem)... I have no sympathy for Rafa - he knew what he was getting himself into, and the CFC fans hatred of the "fat spanish waiter" is very well documented. He should have not been offered the job. And he certainly should not have accepted it. How he can moan about it being 'interim' at this stage, I don't know. The man is an idiot.

On the same subject I have just seen this on the BBC website.... uh oh

Brighton manager Guy Poyet on managing Chelsea in the future:

"That is my aim, everyone knows and I don't hide it. I want to go to the highest level and if it is in the Premier League with Chelsea then fantastic, if it is with someone else, then we shall see.

On the Blues' FA Cup win over Middlesbrough and Rafa Benitez's reaction to negativity among his own supporters:

"I can assure you I was not paying attention to Chelsea yesterday. I was not paying attention to the game, who played or who didn't play. I was paying attention to Huddersfield in quite a competitive game at Burnley. I had to watch for 90 minutes and it was interesting. That was my job.

"His reasons I don't know. We are all different. I would like to meet him and know the reasons, I am sure probably everyone would like to do that. It is very easy to make opinions about other people, what they do and what they say, but we never put ourselves on the other side so it is difficult to comment."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here