Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Reverb 97.2

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not a twat, I'm just looking at some little internet warrior spouting his mouth off, and having seen you at games too know you wouldn't dare say the same to his, or anyones face!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ive been let down in my last 3 weeks of work experience at a certain radi station.

They were fnastastc but i got a real insight into what really happens...Discovering that (for example) in a 3 hour show, the dj might only be LIVE on the mic for about 10 mins...just for the actual travel.

Even the bits where people were calling in for 'chats' was pre recorded.

EVERYTHING is pre recorded....even the ''im here at the blahblah hospital in blah''.

I was quite surprised

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
ive been let down in my last 3 weeks of work experience at a certain radi station.

They were fnastastc but i got a real insight into what really happens...Discovering that (for example) in a 3 hour show, the dj might only be LIVE on the mic for about 10 mins...just for the actual travel.

Even the bits where people were calling in for 'chats' was pre recorded.

EVERYTHING is pre recorded....even the ''im here at the blahblah hospital in blah''.

I was quite surprised

What station is that mate?

Pretty much everything here at Bright is done live. Sometimes calls are recorded, purely for safety purposes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What station is that mate?

Pretty much everything here at Bright is done live. Sometimes calls are recorded, purely for safety purposes.

I wont say them at the moment just as i have another few weeks left! but ive been in the news department and it feels like its the only bit live.

I don't doubt that most on bright is live, i infact applied for work experience there aswell but no spaces left unfortunately.

Ill happily accept a job once i graduate in a few months though :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Our current news editor has a new work exp person every week!!

So if you want to do some work here give him another try.

I certainly will once my dissertation is out the way. I imagine i will just need to keep getting experience before i can start handing in a cv which will appeal. especially as im not to interesting in the presenting, just the news writing/conducting interviews etc etc.

I make a mean coffee aswell....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Excellent. I've never heard it, or of it for that matter until you started posting here, but it's going on the work experience HITLIST. Sorry to hijack your conversation chaps, you may continue now:)

You clearly want to f***ing FIGHT for this work experience don't you?

Why don't we take this outside and have a vox pops battle....or you too scared?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I certainly will once my dissertation is out the way. I imagine i will just need to keep getting experience before i can start handing in a cv which will appeal. especially as im not to interesting in the presenting, just the news writing/conducting interviews etc etc.

I make a mean coffee aswell....

If you want to go into broadcast news type stuff, look at trying to do a postgrad in it as it's tricky to get into the industry these days without one. As for the station - my guess would be southern FM.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ah I see. As this is a radio-themed thread I'll throw my views in.

Juice is probably the least professional sounding of the main players. It really should rename itself North Laine FM. A really poor station.

Radio 2 has to be the best music-station now. Chris Evans driving home is spot-on!

Seems that most radio stations go on & on about how their audience figures are up then they chop & change schedules & presenters.

I did get to like Juice for a while, especially when Terry garoghan had the breakfast show, then they dumped him and, in my opinion, many listeners.

BBC SCR (Snooze) has changed so many times over the years. it's at it's best when it concentrates on being local and back to it's Brighton roots, but, once settled, changes again. It's still head 7 shoulders above the rest for local news & sport.

Southern bucks the trend because it's almost the same blandness since the day it started.

As for Chris Evans, I wish the self important prat would drive home...and not come back again. DJ hell would have the likes of him, Moyles, Reid & Edmunds. And 'kid' Jensen, what team is he supporting these days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here