Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Reverb 97.2

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Umm...no.

Has the "Stick it on" team and NSC's very own Mrs Coach. I'd say SCR is the worst.

It depends what you want to hear. SCR's target audience really like a lot of what they do. I also find a lot of the presenting on Radio Reverb utterly abysmal, but again as someone else has said they are probably doing it for free so fair play to them.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I think the Albion Roar team do a great job.

But having been news editor for a community radio station (not Reverb!) I can confirm that there's always a dilemma when faced with the competence, or otherwise, of volunteer presenters. There will always be a few volunteers who are very good indeed but often they've retired from a career in broadcasting - anyone making a living in the job is going to be doing just that. However, when you are reliant on people working for free in order to keep a radio station on air, risks get taken since the supply of really competent volunteers is rarely enough to meet the scheduling requirements.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Umm...no.

Has the "Stick it on" team and NSC's very own Mrs Coach. I'd say SCR is the worst.

The late night phone ins can be really funny, weird old folk talking about all sorts of crap.:lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Reverb and SCR are both vastly superior to the bile that is Southern FM

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Yes, we are unpaid volunteers. The presenters do it because they enjoy it (I do anyway!) and Reverb has a huge range of shows representing a huge cross section of life, some of which I enjoy very much, some of which I'm not so keen on. I've really enjoyed presenting 'The Albion Roar' show on a Saturday (12-1 plug plug) which I hope gives Albion supporters a different listening experience to choose from.
It broadcasts on a limited range FM licence 97.2 in the Brighton area, or can be streamed live on the internet at RadioReverb | Community Radio | Brighton, UK: Home
Hopefully, you'll tune in on Saturday, if you're not at the away game Jake, and enjoy a radio reverb broadcast on the Seagulls.

Last edited:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Community radio should be supported. If you don't like what you hear, then get involved as the people that work there are volunteers. That way if you are involved you will have nothing to moan about!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
how can anyone can say reverb is the worst station while southern 'one cd' fm is sill going

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The new line-up on SCR is appalling.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
paul miller is brilliant :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My experience of Radio Reverb is turning up at their North Street premises for an interview, only to discover that they had also invited Melanie Cutress along.

This prompted a rare moment of agreement between Mrs C and me - neither of us wanted to appear together. So we both left.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The new line-up on SCR is appalling.

I must agree I used to listen to it a lot but not now since Tommy Boyd and Richard Linfield have gone. The only decent presenter on there is Roger Day in the evenings and Dave Cash when the southern station all join up on a Saturday evening at 6.30 after the non league sports round up.

Where do they get this Paul Miller is a legend from he is awful with a most monotonous voice, and the music he plays especially Sunday afternoons is attrocious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here