Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm thinking of giving Radio 3 a trial run

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sunday was the Nadir of broadcasting on Radio and TV for me.

I had 5 live on in the shower in the morning. Gaby Logan was interviewing Nicki from Big Brother ‘fame’ about being anorexic. Apparently, Nicki did some gymnastics years ago and was a bit thin. So they proceeded, on a supposed sports program, to yap on about women’s issues in a whiney I hate myself and my fat arse way for a full 15 minutes. Thank god the news came on (albeit late) as they were that close to talking about period pains and I had a razor in my hands by this point.

Then in the evening, Beat the Star was on the TV. I’ve never seen this program before and would rather smash my TV to a thousand pieces than ever watch it again. All I saw was some random bloke banging nails into a bit of wood for 60 seconds. At the end of this TV event Vernon Kay announced to everyone’s delight that random man had managed to bang in 19 nails. He was then mobbed as if he had scored the winning goal in the FA cup final before whoever the supposed star was shouted into the micro phone about what a great competitor he was. Banging nails in wood. Prime time TV? Still, why am I surprised, I saw Musical chairs on Ant and Dec’s TV takeaway not so long ago. That’s even before we get onto a load of lesbians running around after a ball and calling it women’s football.

On the original point, Kerrang is good in the mornings but you will need to live in the Midlands or have a digital radio and Kate Lawler at drive time is absolutely awful.

You obviously missed the highlight of Beat the Star a couple of weeks ago, who could forget the sight of the gorgeous Martina Hingis and her non-entity challenger dropping dried peas in to an empty wine bottle.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm thinking of giving Radio 3 a trial run

That's proper radio :thumbsup:

None of that nonsense presenter waffle or adverts ( yes even BBC run 'adverts' as your original rant suggests ). BBC Radio 3 takes all the music it plays seriously and gives it the utmost respect every single time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you've got Danny Baker on Radio 5 at the mo ? As soon as he's finished, get yourself tuned into 91.3 or 91.8 FM and take in the 15min essay before settling down for a real treat in the shape of Late Junction until 1am.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Danny Baker's 606 is the only football phone in I listen to, including Harty's. It is genius with none of the usual 'the boys were fantastic/ manager has to go' bullshit you get on all other phone ins. Well done that man.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Danny Baker's 606 is the only football phone in I listen to, including Harty's. It is genius with none of the usual 'the boys were fantastic/ manager has to go' bullshit you get on all other phone ins. Well done that man.

Agreed.

Quality avatar btw :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here