Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racon back to Charlton

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Racon has played last game of season for Brighton

Charlton have recalled Frenchman Therry Racon from his loan spell at Brighton.

Midfielder Racon started eight games during his time at the Seagulls and helped set up a goal in his final match for the club at Bristol Rovers.

With neither side able to make the play-offs Racon is now heading back to The Valley ahead of their last game of the season with Coventry.

The 23-year-old Frenchman joined the Addicks from Guingamp but has only started one game for the London side.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He's no great loss. Looked quality for a few games, but I've seen a few average ones and a couple of shockers since then. Basically, he's better than any midfield player we currently own, but if we are building a PROMOTION winning team then I wouldn't want him as part of it.

just out of interest oh opinionated one, did you go to leeds a couple of weeks back?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That and Carlisle are the only games I've missed in 2008, and Leeds was only because I happened to be on the other side of the world at the time, which I deem a reasonable excuse. Therefore, I'm sure I know what you're getting at, but I've seen him more than enough to make my mind up oh sensitive one.

I am glad Oh opinionated one

well done

welcome back BTW. We all missed your wit, wisdom and repartee
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I doubt that very much, David, as I am certain you were able to provide all of those qualities in ABUNDANCE in my absence:bowdown:

No sorry...there is only one Complete Badger...and you are most definately IT.
:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's no great loss. Looked quality for a few games, but I've seen a few average ones and a couple of shockers since then. Basically, he's better than any midfield player we currently own, but if we are building a PROMOTION winning team then I wouldn't want him as part of it.

I couldnt disagree with you more he has looked a most acomplished midfielder who when he did lose the ball made it his duty to retreive it, which invariably he did. I hope that he has gone back to The Valley just for them to say thanks but no thanks you can join BHA for a season long loan next season. We can then buikld a midfield around him and Thomson that would rival any in this division.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've got tears in my eyes as I read that. To hear an nsc LEGEND like yourself has so much admiration for my work is really something quite special to me. To know a man that has shared his views with Sussex via the medium of radio, and so successfully too in my humble opinion, is so fond of me is a real feather in my bow; one for the cv; and dare I say it, a tale to share with the grandkids one day. God bless you Dave the Gaffer, god bless you and all that may sail your triumphant ship:

:

....anyway...where is that drink you promised me in the Sportsman a few months back...you said you would come and say hello, but havent
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

Spot on

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
racon has looked class to me so compossed and comfortable on the ball

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
He scored a few last season when he started games, he has not started any this year.

Still he is here for another season.

Yeah ok he may get a couple of goals here and there but he's no-where near what we want.

He's not started this year for a very good reason - he's rubbish! (he has appeared as sub 9 times and failed to score at all)

In the league last year he started 10, came on as sub 13 times and scored 4, what kind of a return is that??
Not only that he provides nothing towards the game.

Yes, unfortunately he is

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Racon was rubbish. Really rubbish. His home performances were woeful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here