Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racon back to Charlton

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:(

That's the last we'll see of him in blue and white stripes, I suspect.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not surprised. Charlton have been SHIT for the past two months. I reckon Pardew is going to get rid of a few and Racon will get his chance there.

If not, can we have him back please? :)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No great loss this season I think, having seen Racon play a few times now I think he is a bit erratic - He could be a good player if he sorts out his propensity for losing the ball every other time he receives it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One of those players who will look better the higher standard he plays in and by the little I saw of him he could probably make it in the prem if given the chance

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
No great loss this season I think, having seen Racon play a few times now I think he is a bit erratic - He could be a good player if he sorts out his propensity for losing the ball every other time he receives it.

I quite agree actually. Is he really that good? He was really effective in the midfield for the first couple of games, and since then has either been average or not good at all.

Or maybe it's a case of playing well with better players.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Mayo, Chamberlain, Loft or Rents?

Maybe we could change the formation so that Gargan or Gatting get a start.

Gatting has been given more than enough chances and is an absolute waste of space on the pitch.

Maybe give Gargan a chance as we haven't seem much of him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I quite agree actually. Is he really that good? He was really effective in the midfield for the first couple of games, and since then has either been average or not good at all.

Or maybe it's a case of playing well with better players.

the club recon he is worth persuing for next season

the club recon he is worth persuing for next season

I don't think we'll see him back. Too much money for somebody who isn't much better than what we've got. Yes, he has some good moments but from what I've seen he isn't a 90 minute player and at this level we can't afford to have key players going AWOL for 45 minutes.

Maybe Charlton are simply having one last look before they release him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here