Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely horrific attack.

Someone needs to explain to those two killers that right now there are more Sunnis killing Shiites and Shiites killing Sunnis than Muslims being killed by British soldiers.

However the British government does need to take a good part of the blame for this. The presence of our troops in Muslim countries inflames the nutters among their populations and it is not surprising that a few deranged people want revenge for what they see as an invasion.

Considering our involvement in Iraq and in Afghanistan has served absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever, it is sensible to reflect whether anyone can honestly say that the world is a better or safer place as a result.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Terrible incident and my thoughts are with the family of the victim, the soldier's colleagues and anyone in the area that witnessed what happened. Odd to think that this soldier may well have been in some dangerous, volatile places and yet has lost his life in the most gruesome way while going about his daily business as a civilian on terra firma.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Come on people lets, not turn this into a binfest....

I started the thread as a mark of respect and condolence.

If you dont agree, dont post, its a sad day when people cant even do that on NSC another shameful end to a thread too such a simple request.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
However the British government does need to take a good part of the blame for this. The presence of our troops in Muslim countries inflames the nutters

Laughable........I knew someone would blame the target for this monstrous event..... may I remind you that the twin towers happened before any boots were on the ground.

This type of attack is now the normal modus operandi for Muslim extremists....they have no real interest in whether there are western troops in 'their lands' ..... these nutters are simply the tools of the maniacs who lead them culturally and religiously, who want Islam to become the one and only religion in a worldwide caliphate.....

Think a bit more about things when you frivolously throw the blame for a public beheading in a London St. at the government.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And our lovely free healthcare is keeping them alive

After one was whisked to hospital asap in an Air Ambulance (I assume paid for by charity contributions from the public?) to avoid the carnage on the roads caused by his actions. What a good use the Air Ambulance was put to - I just hope that nobody decent missed-out on using it and died.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Someone needs to explain to those two killers that right now there are more Sunnis killing Shiites and Shiites killing Sunnis than Muslims being killed by British soldiers.

However the British government does need to take a good part of the blame for this. The presence of our troops in Muslim countries inflames the nutters among their populations and it is not surprising that a few deranged people want revenge for what they see as an invasion.

Considering our involvement in Iraq and in Afghanistan has served absolutely no useful purpose whatsoever, it is sensible to reflect whether anyone can honestly say that the world is a better or safer place as a result.

can't argue any of that..........but what will happen when the when the home-spun nutters cut loose...? where will this end...?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Laughable........I knew someone would blame the target for this monstrous event..... may I remind you that the twin towers happened before any boots were on the ground.

Yes, but the USA was seen by the Islamist extremists as siding with Israel and preventing a solution to the Israel/Palestine problem. If the USA had taken a more even-handed approach to that situation I do not believe 9/11 would have happened.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
British people of course, since the 2 guys were British.

Pieces of paper may legally define them as British , and gullible fools like you may consider them British, they are British in name only , I've had too many Africans smirkingly tell me that they are here for what they can get to fall for this Shit, I will now standby to wait for people to desparately cite mo farah as a shining example of how well this wonderful multi cultural melting pot works , it works because the majority of you have no real experience of living cheek by jowls with these wonderfully diverse 'cultures' on a day to day basis , and consider you live in a multicultural heaven because you once sat next to a nigerian on a train who was dressed in something that made them Look like they'd just climbed out of a tin of quality street.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All these radical muslims and islamers.

The only politician who seems to care about what is happening in this country is Nigel Farage.

This type of attack is now the normal modus operandi for Muslim extremists....they have no real interest in whether there are western troops in 'their lands' ..... these nutters are simply the tools of the maniacs who lead them culturally and religiously, who want Islam to become the one and only religion in a worldwide caliphate.....

Think a bit more about things when you frivolously throw the blame for a public beheading in a London St. at the government.

Or blaming anyone for that matter. Whether it be a white male throwing grenades at 2 female police officers in Manchester, or maniacs with a religious cause, they are simply nutters as you put it. Thankfully they are few and far between, however regardless of race, culture, religion, they exist.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes, but the USA was seen by the Islamist extremists as siding with Israel and preventing a solution to the Israel/Palestine problem. If the USA had taken a more even-handed approach to that situation I do not believe 9/11 would have happened.

So should the USA allow a few nutters to dictate their foreign policy? Should British and French christians start to attack them for siding with the Egyptians over Suez? Some people should remember that not everything is about religion. Mind you, a great deal does appear to be about ensuring oil supplies are not compromised.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

These delusion idiots always find a reason to justify their atrocities if it wasn't religion it would be something else...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

The twin towers happened in part because the US had troops all over the muslim holy lands and to avenge the killing of muslims.

"If avenging the killing of our people is terrorism then history should be a witness that we are terrorists. Yes, we kill their innocents and this is legal religiously and logically." Bin Laden

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1362113/Bin-Laden-Yes-I-did-it.html

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Come on people lets, not turn this into a binfest....

I started the thread as a mark of respect and condolence.

If you dont agree, dont post, its a sad day when people cant even do that on NSC another shameful end to a thread too such a simple request.

While your heart is definitely in the right place, all over the social media spectrum the far right will be out of the woodwork on this one I'm sad to say.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or blaming anyone for that matter. Whether it be a white male throwing grenades at 2 female police officers in Manchester, or maniacs with a religious cause, they are simply nutters as you put it. Thankfully they are few and far between, however regardless of race, culture, religion, they exist.

A reasoned post IMHO

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Not sure about 9/11 but your first sentence is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here