Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.e.m.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else going to see them on their UK dates at the end of August?

I'm going to Cardiff, and I'm very much looking forward to ticking them off of my "bands I want to see before I/they die" list.

:clap2::clap2:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Anyone else going to see them on their UK dates at the end of August?

I'm going to Cardiff, and I'm very much looking forward to ticking them off of my "bands I want to see before I/they die" list.

:clap2::clap2:

Do you like them as well. My son is fanatical about them. They are headlining Ozygen here this year but he will be in Australia and is fuming he will miss them. Don't know why he has seen all of their other gigs. They will be possibly be playing in Oz when he is there and is trying as we speak to get tickets for them there.

You would do well in our house - Bon Jovi - Eagles - REM - add Metallica In Flames and Sonata Arctica to that pile and you will get a Cead Mile Failte in our house

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If they did a back catalogue from pre 1995 it would be a great gig but everything they have done since then has been pretty average.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If they did a back catalogue from pre 1995 it would be a great gig but everything they have done since then has been pretty average.

damn right. Green is my favourite REM album. Awesome and no album fillers either.

Did you know that REM's first ever UK gig was in Worthing?

I could of course be wrong but I swear I read this somewhere once.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
damn right. Green is my favourite REM album. Awesome and no album fillers either.

Did you know that REM's first ever UK gig was in Worthing?

I could of course be wrong but I swear I read this somewhere once.

Dingwall's, London, 19 Nov 1983.

Unless you count their appearance the day before on The Tube as the first.

They played in Worthing in April 1984.

And yes, I did just look all that up...

Edit: you can even have a setlist for the worthing gig if you like: R.E.M. 1984-04-29 Worthing, En - R.E.M. performances

Ain't the interweb grand?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dingwall's, London, 19 Nov 1983.

Unless you count their appearance the day before on The Tube as the first.

They played in Worthing in April 1984.

And yes, I did just look all that up...

"There's always someone somewhere with a big nose who knows...". :lolol: (apologies to Trufflehound but I love that Smiths line)

I thought it too good to be true. Cheers, Truffers. So....your favourite REM album?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You would do well in our house - Bon Jovi - Eagles - REM - add Metallica In Flames and Sonata Arctica to that pile and you will get a Cead Mile Failte in our house

And she's living on the bus route in from the airport Frutos, so I think you need to stop in for a cup of tea when you're in Dublin :p

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I thought it too good to be true. Cheers, Truffers. So....your favourite REM album?

I liked Fables of the Reconstruction best for a long time, because that was the one that first got me into them in 1985.

But over the years I'd say Document has come to assume top spot.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He He...got tickets for the Royal Albert Hall next month.Might try and get some for Twickers as well though.

Saw them at the millenium stadium at the are brilliant live.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
saw them at brixton academy about 3 or 4 years back - they were ace and played loads of older stuff

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Don't mind a bit of Metallica at all, and though I've no idea of what a "Cead Mile Failte" is (I'll ask an Irish friend of mine to translate, I'll trust it's a good thing. :)

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Don't mind a bit of Metallica at all, and though I've no idea of what a "Cead Mile Failte" is (I'll ask an Irish friend of mine to translate, I'll trust it's a good thing. :)

A hundred thousand welcomes :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw them at MK Bowl at the time of the Monster album, supported by Blur and Belly. T'was awesome.

For me the highspots in a brilliant back catalogue are Murmur, Green and Fables.

Driver 8 is a particular favourite.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm I have to say their EARLY stuff was excellent.

But sadly the "commercial" stuff is very samey. Like U2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here