Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quiz question

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actually it's four foul balls and then you 'walk' to to first base. Sometimes a team will stand the catcher about ten feet wide of the plate and deliberately throw foul balls to 'walk' the batter. This is a tactical ploy which means the the specified batter is good and the fielding team don't want him to hit the ball at all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
True, that's after they've finished the punch up mind you.:D

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Yorkie said:
I have been doing a quiz (no prizes involved) and got stuck on one question.
Can anyone help?

What is the only sport where the defending team are always in possession of the ball and the attacking team can score without even touching it?

Is the answer Stoke City?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's not American football although I have got the quiz poser to admit that cricket is allowable.
It's still not the answer that is wanted so I have tried baseball now.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
bhaexpress said:
To be precise you can only run if you hit the ball and hit it 'fair'. That means that the ball must not drop to either side of he playing area although if you hit out of the far end that's a Home Run.

To be even more precise, you can run without hitting the ball at all. If the pitcher throws the third strike, which should get the batter out, he can try to run to first base if the catcher fails to catch the ball.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gullet said:
I think the question is a bit unclear, but something tells me that the answer is ........VOLLEYBALL!!!!???

I used to play volleyball regularly and you have to win the serve and can only score when serving so that isn't the answer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The correct answer is Baseball apparently so thanks everyone for your help

:)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yorkie said:
The correct answer is Baseball apparently so thanks everyone for your help

:)

:clap2: hell yeah. that will teach u fools not to listen to the sporting intellect that is the all mighty mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sully's Moustache said:
What prize do I get?:D

The same as me, nothing.

Thanks for your help though :)

I know we have the right answer now, but I thought I would put my oar in. Strictly speaking, in cricket the fielding side are the attacking side (remember we talk of a team's attack when we think of their bowlers) and the batting side are the defence (they are defending their wicket). So it couldn't be cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here