Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quite a good review from Carlisle's local rag.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Terrific write-up of the game. So much better than some of the one-sided stuff we've read in some local rags after their games against us.
Worthy of a report in a reputable national paper.
And I'm not just saying that because they were quite complimentary towards us, it was just a great summing up of a great game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
You've got to be impressed by a journalist who describes one of the players as a "mercurial Ivorian."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wasn't too keen on the jumpy nature of the report to start with, kept going from the start of the match to the end, then back again and then back to the start but I suspect I am alone in this. But the rest of it was top notch and another reason to be so proud of the team this season. Almost tempted to make a scrap book of some of these reports. Still remember a Charlton one were they described us beating them 4-0 to being kicked in the nuts by Angelina Jolie, beautiful but very painful at the same time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is a brilliant match report, I don't think I've read a better one, what a superbly straight forward description of the game, no slagging off, no bitterness, no over the top comments, but really engaging to read, and really accurate.

So much so, I've deleted the BBC feed and used that RSS feed for my Carlisle page news section

Carlisle football shirts

A bit wordy for a T shirt slogan but I love

"....Such is the relentless quality of Gus Poyet’s team that you can become the first visiting side to find the way to their net three times in 2010/11 and still leave with nothing."

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Its like Raymond Chandler at times -

It was punt after optimistic punt until the final gamble – a beautiful, scoring volley on the drop by Liam Bridcutt – left United feeling like an empty-pocketed Vegas hopeful who got within one roll of big money before the dealer scooped back all his chips.

:thumbsup:

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
'Quite a good review'?

That's probably one of the best reports I've read on a Brighton match. Home, neutral or away.

Yes, master of the understatement, me. As you can see, I don't post that much, so it has to be good for me to have done so! Having re-read it a couple of times, it seems better each time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here