Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quidco does it work?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Quidco is amazing...If you dont use this when buying on the web you are just throwing away money.

What he said.

Just ordered a new dishwasher - checked it out in Currys store, ordered it through Currys on line via Quidco, 10% discount plus 1.5% cashback - saved me £50!

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I've been using it since Nov 2005 and have returned over £2000. It's excellent, money for nothing bar a few extra mouse clicks.

TIP1 - to mitigate tracking issues - I've downloaded a Quidco only browser (Opera) which I use once I've decided to purchase via Quidco. This allows me to investigate the larger cashback items without fear of the cookie tracking issues. So use main browser to trawl for best deal, if it happens to be through quidco then fire up Opera and click through to merchant using a clean browser.

TIP 2 - Insurance cashback - using a price comparison site and registering your details will likely cause a subsequent visit to chosen insurer via quidco to fail as the price comparison website will already have a referral claim against your details. So either do all the insurance quotes on Quidco (they have a price comparison which also includes any cashback factored into the final quote) OR do each quote directly on the insurers website.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I've been using it since Nov 2005 and have returned over £2000. It's excellent, money for nothing bar a few extra mouse clicks.

TIP1 - to mitigate tracking issues - I've downloaded a Quidco only browser (Opera) which I use once I've decided to purchase via Quidco. This allows me to investigate the larger cashback items without fear of the cookie tracking issues. So use main browser to trawl for best deal, if it happens to be through quidco then fire up Opera and click through to merchant using a clean browser.

TIP 2 - Insurance cashback - using a price comparison site and registering your details will likely cause a subsequent visit to chosen insurer via quidco to fail as the price comparison website will already have a referral claim against your details. So either do all the insurance quotes on Quidco (they have a price comparison which also includes any cashback factored into the final quote) OR do each quote directly on the insurers website.

Great thanks...

Firefox for general and Explorer for Quidco it is.

Thanks all

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Quidco / Topcashback are genuine. They pass commissions earned from the merchant onto the the consumer. They make money from other tenancy placements e.g Banners/Promoted offers/Newsletters which merchants pay extra for.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Good evening quidco experts.

I have just opened the 3 website via quidco, would i expect to see the 'normal' 3 site or should I see 'quidco' in the address bar or anywhere on the page...how do I know if i am purchasing via quidco?

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Good evening quidco experts.

I have just opened the 3 website via quidco, would i expect to see the 'normal' 3 site or should I see 'quidco' in the address bar or anywhere on the page...how do I know if i am purchasing via quidco?

I always get a pop-up from Quidco that tells me they are transferring me to the retailer and that the visit has been logged. You then just get transferred to the retailers normal site although I've never looked at the address bar to see whether it says anything in there about Quidco.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I always get a pop-up from Quidco that tells me they are transferring me to the retailer and that the visit has been logged. You then just get transferred to the retailers normal site although I've never looked at the address bar to see whether it says anything in there about Quidco.

having read the quidco site, it says the retailer backtracks using cookies....just hope it works!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You can even make free money by signing up to sites and get up to £8 cashback for doing absolutely nothing else!

Freebies Free Stuff in the UK | Quidco

Just keep checking this link on a regular basis so the wife tells me, to pass on.

Wifey adds, anyone that doesn't want free money must be mad? it's so easy!

save money on: e.g
car insurance, pet insurance, beauty products (beer works) and loads of other stuff apparently.... a bit of time searching can save you fortunes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here