Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quidco does it work?

Following on from my iphone thread,,,I can get £109 cash back if I buy through Quidco, using the 3 website. this will effectively make the new phone free..

How reliable is Quidco? does it really pay out?

It's simple. They buy from the supplier on the understanding that you pay Quidco who then lease the phone via a Jersey company part-owned by Quidco's supplier at 1/3 the original sale price + of course a management fee. The management fee is part repaid by your line rental but that incurs VAT whereas the original purchase to Quidco doesn't. They then have to offer a warranty which does incur VAT at a rate equal to the cost of the management fee. The warranty is effectively waived in favour of Quidco taking ownership of the warranty liability which they outsource to another company. The other company are the ones with whom the £109 is paid back to and they transfer the money to you and insure themselves against it going wrong. The insurance company is based in St Kitts which has a very attractive tax status compared to the UK and Quidco's lessors are able to take advantage of the tax breaks and pass on some of the savings to you.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. Almost £500 since I started. Best site on the net!
Oh and my first cashback was for 3 mobile and received it fine!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For not buying anything differently than I would anyway:

Payment date Payment (£) Status
14 Nov 2011 281.10 paid by BACS
14 Jan 2011 227.10 paid by BACS
30 Jul 2010 148.53 paid by BACS
20 Dec 2009 303.19 paid by BACS
30 Jan 2009 183.22 paid by BACS

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And why is it a silly question Mr Know ALL? there are plenty of scamming websites and I have never used Quidco.

See my payments above, all from Quidco, as to whether it works.

Very large and highly reputable affiliate engine.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And why is it a silly question Mr Know ALL? there are plenty of scamming websites and I have never used Quidco.

The fact it has been running so long and has so many major brands associated? If it didnt work do you think it would be allowed to trade at that level of exposure?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
It's brilliant! We've made around £500. The big payouts are on mobiles/Sky and Virgin/insurance. Good money to be made doing nothing different

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Between us we've had about £1500 from Quidco in just over 3 years. Took out a 12 month Sim only deal with o2, 900 minutes and unlimited texts for £20.50 a month, got £150 cash back from Quidco and a £50 M&S voucher which makes it a net £46 for the year ... Bargain.

Be careful and make sure you clear your cache and cookies if you've already been onto the site you're going to via Quidco.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here