Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quickly - what's the best ISP?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Migration Authorisation Code (IIRC). Its a unique code for your line/ISP state at the time that allows another ISP to identify it to take it over - you get it off the ISP you're leaving and give it to the one you're joining. In theory its meant to make it seamless... practice = very different.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Migration Authorisation Code (IIRC). Its a unique code for your line/ISP state at the time that allows another ISP to identify it to take it over - you get it off the ISP you're leaving and give it to the one you're joining. In theory its meant to make it seamless... practice = very different.

I'm sure that's true in some case but my Mother-in-Law has just moved from Tiscali to BT. She got her MAC code from Tiscali, gave it to BT and 9 days later, all sorted.

Good service.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Theres a good chance theres a problem with your line and nobody will be able to get you connected in any quick manner - the amount of people who get MAC codes, go get "connected" to a new ISP and find that it still doesn't work due to a physical cabling problem are huge.

Not so. Orange have actually admitted the problem is with their servers, not my line. They don't know how to fix it, and say the earliest I'm likely to get broadband back from them is Christmas. They say it's affecting "hundreds" of their customers. They're utterly, utterly useless.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not so. Orange have actually admitted the problem is with their servers, not my line. They don't know how to fix it, and say the earliest I'm likely to get broadband back from them is Christmas. They say it's affecting "hundreds" of their customers. They're utterly, utterly useless.

Same as their mobile phone signal strength then!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here