Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quickly - what's the best ISP?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I haven't been on here in yonks because those complete SLICES at Orange Broadband have not been able to connect me for nearly a month. I'll be leaving them on Saturday, when they will be in BREACH of contract and I can get my MAC code

I'm not an especially heavy user, and I've got my own wireless router, and a BT phone line. Any ideas?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
plus net are quite good, we pay £15 for 8gb and its on a month by month basis

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Yep Plus net as well. Excellent service, good support a few extras (web space, unlimited email address etc) all for £15.00 (8mb)

I have my home phone with them as well for an extra £10.00 per month

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Plusnet is BT with a different customer support department, effectively.

Theres a good chance theres a problem with your line and nobody will be able to get you connected in any quick manner - the amount of people who get MAC codes, go get "connected" to a new ISP and find that it still doesn't work due to a physical cabling problem are huge.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Depends if you rely on customer support for day to day stuff or if you are 'tech savvy'

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Ok Ignore that, just found this on the PlusNet press page

Based in Sheffield, PlusNet has a staff of over 200 people. The company was acquired by BT in January 2007 and acts as an independent subsidiary.

For me doesnt affect decison making. PlusNet offer much better value with better customer service

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It was last year, my missis worked on the takeover :)

Went through in 07, as with all mergers it takes time to finalise everything.

As yet and probably long term due to PlusNet's reputation being a lot higher than BT they've not merged operations - one major advantage is that PlusNet's tech support is all in Sheffield, if you can understand the accent... as opposed to being spread between Bangalore, Dublin and Derby.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Very happy with Zen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here