Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Quickest way of getting from Brighton station to the Brighton Centre

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I'm going to a thing at the Brighton Centre next week, but I need to be in London during the day and my train back might arrive a little after the event has started.

So... what's the quickest way of getting there?

Now the main taxi rank is round the back of the station I suspect I'd be delaying myself even more by heading for that. But is there somewhere nearer the front I could pick up a taxi? Could I get an uber (I've never got an uber before)?

Or should I just run?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No buses go all the way there. Taxi would have to go round a long route.

If I was in a mega hurry I'd use a hire bike. Other than then just have a little jog down the hill. You won't fancy slowing down to admire any views

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
14 minute walk, top tip, if you order an Uber go to the gym opposite the station forecourt or Budgens and ensure you use that as your pick up point DONOT SELECT Brighton Station as the Uber App default sends their drivers round to the public drop off point at back just past the taxi rank

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
electic scooter.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fake an emergency to leave whatever you're doing in London and get on an earlier train. The way Southern operates, you'll probably still be late, but at least it gives you more of a fighting chance that the later train!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whatever option you choose, can you please film it for our enjoyment?

Preferably a GoPro on a helmet, turned to face your sweaty features as you stressfully navigate the busy streets and the leafletters/Big Issue sellers outside the station.

I would happily put £3 (or so) into a crowdfunder to help make this happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here