Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick Question on Season Tickets

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Are they transferable ?

IE - can someone who had a ticket this season, who doesnt want to have the ticket next season - change the details of the ticket and give it to someone else ?

Turns out a friend of the family in the North fits the above description so was just wondering.

:moo:

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I don't think this is possible unless they bought the Private Seat License in which case they can transfer it but if not the ticket goes back to the club.
I may get corrected on this though ?

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No, unless the person paid extra for the "Private Seat Licence" (I think that's what it was called... might be slightly wrong).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

We've got one person not renewing in our group of 20-odd (its actually a child ticket as he's only a little-un and not really taken to it). So dads not renewing his ticket for him, meaning that there is a "spare" amongst us.

Another mate of ours is interested in poaching that seat (adult price) so he can sit with us lot. There is no PSL on the seat so it can't just be "bequeathed" to him. But I'd wager this chap could mince up to the ticket office to buy a season ticket and say "oh, by the way, in the WSU block C row G seat xx is free, its where my mates sit - any chance I could buy that one please ?"

Assuming its not already been sold (unlikely I'd have thought, I doubt they sell many singles), what reason would they have for saying no ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

We've got one person not renewing in our group of 20-odd (its actually a child ticket as he's only a little-un and not really taken to it). So dads not renewing his ticket for him, meaning that there is a "spare" amongst us.

Another mate of ours is interested in poaching that seat (adult price) so he can sit with us lot. There is no PSL on the seat so it can't just be "bequeathed" to him. But I'd wager this chap could mince up to the ticket office to buy a season ticket and say "oh, by the way, in the WSU block C row G seat xx is free, its where my mates sit - any chance I could buy that one please ?"

Assuming its not already been sold (unlikely I'd have thought, I doubt they sell many singles), what reason would they have for saying no ?

Because there's a waiting list, and surely they'd get first dibs?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We tried to do this, my mate bought a ticket but from November was unable to go so I went instead of him. When he called up to cancel he asked if he could pass it on to me, they flatly said no.

Thing is, there's 3 of us, and it's only the one in the middle who is renewing (the other one is due a baby and day now). So with any luck, like Easy10 says, I'll be able to waltz up and buy the same seat I've been in this season, so long as the others around us don't cancel so they remain single seats of course!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because there's a waiting list, and surely they'd get first dibs?

I guess so, but it looks like the ESU is going to be the new Big Thing. And like I say, its a single seat WSU amongst a bunch of plebs, so not overly attractive. I reckon most of the folk on the waiting list will be climbing over themselves to get into the ESU.

Once the waiting list mob are dealt with, I reckon he'll pick up that seat nay bother.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wont bother asking then if thats the case - just got to hope i get one even though "im around the 2,000 mark" on the list (according to the ticket office), cant afford £30 per match next season if i dont get a ST (was only paying £18 before as i qualified as U18).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Common sense says it is worth asking. If the number of new seats exceeds the number on the waiting list then there is no reason for them not to do it. As I understood it, those on the waiting list were being contacted to have a presentation much like most of us had last year to pick their seat.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Why not just ask the original holder of the season ticket to renew the seat and you give them the money and take the season ticket? Then after a few games, just inform the club that the card holder has moved house and give them your address. Seat secured!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
[MENTION=20759]dgh123[/MENTION] Has taken my stepbrother's season ticket next year as he's not getting a ticket next year, but maybe this is because they're both season ticket holders before.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why not just ask the original holder of the season ticket to renew the seat and you give them the money and take the season ticket? Then after a few games, just inform the club that the card holder has moved house and give them your address. Seat secured!

Because in our case, the new STH is an adult looking to snaffle the seat of a non-renewing child.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here