Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick question concerning plumbing costs to the infinite mind of NSC!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh sod off you old timers! Make way for the new quicker generation[emoji369] [emoji371] [emoji372] [emoji373] [emoji375]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rule of Plumbing number 32.
Never tell a customer that it will take an hour to change 3 sets of taps. :wink:
If they come out easy you can easily change a set of taps in twenty minutes[emoji106]

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I d say 150 including bits and bobs easy enough to isolate the water just depends how hard it is to change the taps them selves right size taps ect...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I d say 150 including bits and bobs easy enough to isolate the water just depends how hard it is to change the taps them selves right size taps ect...

It depends on when the existing taps were installed, anything put in before the 80s is usually hard work.

I would say £150 is a fair price for 3 sets of taps, this would include fitting isolating valves and any pipe alterations.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I ve been handed a pair of 3\4 taps before for a basin its funny some people think you can work miracle s.The one I hate the most is it was nt like that before that 1st ever stel rad from 1932 has always got hot all over and no matter what you say they just won t have it

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bo Locks unscrew one screw on another DIY

:facepalm:

I earn a fair few pounds every day putting right DIY plumbing.

You can't just unscrew a tap, you need a tap/ basin spanner (or various types) for a start.
Plenty of homeowners don't even know where the water turns off.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Might have done, bound to let by just as you turn the valve.. My favourite one to explain to client...

What? You can't be suggesting the previous plumber failed to fit ballofix valves just before the tap confections. Shocking.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Might have done, bound to let by just as you turn the valve.. My favourite one to explain to client...

More money, just tell the customer they need some new ones, not your fault if someone else fitted some cheap ones from B&Q
( Other DIY stores are available) :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here